ASP Mail form on Win21 is not sending email

gundu

Guppy
I have unresolved ticket : RS #BKV-23622-323. Created on oct 07 ' 2008 and NO one seems able to fix this issue.

3 support person ( Kawal, Manish Srivastava, Akshay ) had replied to these ticket but they did not solve the issue, or gave me the reason why this is happenning, instead they only asked for the same questions and I had to repeat my answer again and again. It seems that they dont bother to look up my previous ticket or test the contact form themselves X(

Here is the problem :

My client has stopped receiving emails from his website contact form since last week. When He tested it out personally, the contact form did not send email to himself.

He's been using this asp mail contact form for 2 years and all these years, his contact form ( asp mail ) works perfectly fine but it stopped working only since last week.He has never changed the code, So I guess the issue should be from jodohost mail server.

When I personally tested myself, I didn't receive the mail/message from the contact form either.
Then I uploaded another asp mail contact form code which works very well in another client's website, however, this contact form also cannot send mail from win21

My client website drives alot of traffics daily and he is definitely not happy with this as He cannot receive emails from his web visitors.

Can anyone from jodohost check it out and solve this problem asap pls?

Ok I got the reply from Manish just now that says :

First of all you are using CDONTS not ASP mail component. Kindly, be clear while sending ticket which component you are using. That was point of confusion in this ticket which take it long. After reviewing your all code, i got that you are sending mail from CDONTS.

Now regarding issue, your pages are unable to send mail because localhost mail server has been disable on Win21 due to DDOS attack on server. We are not going to start it again. You can use CDOSYS, by which you can send mail from SMTP mail server. CDONTS is NO MORE supported on win21. Due to attack on server. Which is making whole server down

First of all, If jodo support made an effort to read carefully the asp mail code that I sent, you should know it's cdonts code.

Secondly, You should have informed us earlier when you made some changes / disable the localhost on win21. There is NO announcement either in the forum that you're gonna disable the localhost on win21 due to DDOS attack.

If you inform this issue ealier, this issue would not happend.

Now because of this, my client lost his 1 week emails! and Jodohost support can also say : "As localhost SMTP was stopped. So, sorry but mails are lost."

what a disappointment! X(

gundu,

CDONTS is a legacy app and not even supported on new servers we deploy, it has been phased out over 4 YEARS ago by microsoft. I'd highly recommend upgrading to CDOSYS which is much more reliable and allows sending via rDNS and Smtp authenticated servers.

BTW We do have notice of win21 DDOS months ago, and have been trying to get people to move to win29 server as well. Win21 has has ongoing DDOS for a very long time now, and its mostly managed these days :)

Back