ASP.NET AJAX on Win34?

zero

Perch
I have a .net 4.0 web application that makes use of the Microsoft AJAX toolkit. I have a page that is supposed to load a tab container with a couple of tabs. It works fine on our development server, but doesn't work on the production (Jodo) server.

The site fails to load webresource.axd, which I determined by running FireBug on the test page. The specific error is "sys is not defined", but that is only due to the webresource file not loading.

Support says it's a coding issue, but I don't think so. I wanted to see if anyone else was successfully using any of the AJAX toolkit functionality on Win34.

Ticket ID - NRV-88672-236

thanks,
-brit

I found a solution. Due to the Jodo servers running in "Integrated Mode", this line needed to be added to the web.config:

<handlers>
<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode"
verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
</handlers>

That block needs go be placed inside of the <system.webServer> block.

I found a solution. Due to the Jodo servers running in "Integrated Mode", this line needed to be added to the web.config:

<handlers>
<add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode"
verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
</handlers>

That block needs go be placed inside of the <system.webServer> block.

it is actually just due to app pool you are in, we can run in classic mode if you wish, but integrated give you the power here as you see, to make it fixed yourself :)

Back