ASP.NET Event ID 1088

vita10

Perch
Hi,
i have for the past almost 3 weeks now a huge problem with my VPS.
the application pool lock ups the VPS server makes it not responsive. I can not access it via Virtuzzo nor via Remote desktop.
usually it starts with a
Warning ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Web Even 1309

Exception message: A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.

That follows a crash. VPS is not responsive and I get the following logs in the Application event viewer
Error
Warning ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 None1088

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x8007000e Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

That usually means I have to contact support to restart the VPS. If I do not do that. It will come back by itself in about an hour. (kinda ruins the 99.9% uptime) at least I think it does, maybe guys from support are restarting the VPS (but there are no log of it in Virtuzzo)

Support says there is something wrong with server (some sort of issue on WINVPS35) and promise a fix.
(not saying it is fault of jodohost maybe it is my application/config)

how ever I can not isolate why this happens. It is too sporadic.

Did any one had the same issues or has a encountered the same problems? Is there a fix?

Much appreciated.

Vita

Hello vita,

Your app is triggering an IO error making this to happen, and we are watching it pretty closely. We are going to replace the server on Monday but are unable to do so until then, it may continue after that point but i hope not.
BTW there is no 99.9% on VPS services, just FYI.

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for this tip.
will do some more checks. If it is File IO that there are very few places where this could happen.
Originally i thought it is some sort of permission problem (which i had before i changed file permissions) Weird thing is though that it was stable for 3 weeks after the initial set up.

Thank you

Vita

Hi Stephen,
Thanks for this tip.
will do some more checks. If it is File IO that there are very few places where this could happen.
Originally i thought it is some sort of permission problem (which i had before i changed file permissions) Weird thing is though that it was stable for 3 weeks after the initial set up.

Thank you

Vita

ok, I wouldn't spend too long on searching for this really, as it seems to be happening some on some other servers too that use the last batch of motherboards we got in and installed. they passed burn-in and testing with flying colors but once running they started having some IO errors caused by asp.net

We are working on replacing all of them, but winVPS35 is the priority as it is happening more often than any other.

Back