ASP.NET hosting questions (for a reseller account)

endar98

Guppy
For the Reseller hosting, I have one customer currently for who I am building their website using the ASP.NET 2.0 Beta Live Licensing option. Does Jodohost have any ASP.NET 2.0 hosting options available at all, and can this be specified anywhere within the reseller hosting (for instance, if I add a new customer, who wants ASP.NET 1.1 instead of 2.0, can I switch them?), or if I were to install DotNetNuke into a subdirectory of a particular domain, and redirect the root of the domain to that subdirectory, can I create a separate "Web Application" for the subdirectory of that domain, without support involvement, or is this even allowed?

What is the policy for ASP.NET third party controls, if I were to place a control that I have licensing information for into the bin folder of a particular hosted account (a customer of mine), does this violate any policies of Jodohost? For instance, ComponentOne controls, or Telerik controls? These are controls that are .NET controls, and should not require COM registration.

Are there any abilities to control the "Web Application" information of Windows Server 2003 from the hosting control panel?

Thanks in advance, Jodohost is looking very promising. :D

Thanks for considering us !!

1 . We give only ASP.NET 1.1. Beta softwares are not allowed on production servers.

2. DNN is allowed, infect we are one of the leading DNN host. You may require help of support to set permissions to your DNN application.

3. COM componenets are evaluated first. You need to give us more information about the components,to let us consider it.

4. Hsphere allows many functionalities. See http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/user/index.html

Do send a mail at sales [at] jodohost.com for further queries.

ASP.NET 2.0 not on production servers is understandable, although that brings one other set of questions about that to my attention, and that is: When ASP.NET 2.0 comes out, how soon will you be providing it as an option, and how difficult would it be for a current host account to move a domain to 2.0 instead of 1.1?

The only other thing is, since the components I am talking about are not COM components, and do not interfere with the registry, what is your policy? (as far as the server knows, they should be no different than the on-the-fly compiled DLL's of the hosted site itself).

I will send an email to the address you gave (for more intensive information), but I figured these questions might be answered here more quickly :).

Thanks again.

We wait for sometime to see experience of other hosts about new software and most probably it will be a parallel install for both versions. So I don't think there would be any problem in migrating from 1.1 to 2.0 ASP.NET framework.

Yes, you can place ASP.NET third party control in bin folder of your account.

Yash,

Great, that makes things much easier then when I decide to open my account, and yes that's when, not if :).

Thanks for the information.

Back