ASP.NET Session has expired Please help

Gioking

Guppy
Hi,
I'm working on Visual Web Developer 2005
I have a simple web page aspx with a reportviewer control inside wich is bound to an ObjectDataSource wich is bound to a dataset end so on....

Now, when I run the page in the ide everything working,
instead when I cal the page from IIS web site I can see the page but the report is empty, also inside report I see an error saying: ASP.NET session is expired.

I spent time trying to solve this problem but nothing to do,
if you had same problem or something like please help me.

Also i notify that the reporting system I mention above it available in the toolbox once you install:
SQLServer2005_ReportAddin.msi
wich I download from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/download/default.aspx, where you can find documentation too.

I don't think the problem is with the report itself, instead with the ObjectDataSource that report uses.

Gioking

Hi stephen, tank you
No I did not tried state server
but I will trie once at work.

So stephen make me undestand:
if I trie different session state (Example state server) and I solve my problem, that mean that aspnet_wp it is not capable to keep the session and so I must run my report page under separate proces ?
so I must think that there is a problem with my application ? I mean maybe my site it recycle becose an error ?

Tank you again

Gioking

If you're using the "querystring" session state method, perhaps the embedded controls aren't interpreting it properly... could be a bug in the control. So yes what Stephen said - try another session state methodology to see if that may be the cause. If that fixes it, then it could be a bug in the control not reading state properly.

Hi, I'm at work now and I tried to set server state
to make run the aspx with report indside but nothing to do.

At my home work perfectly at work nothing !

I remember that the physical folder where the page is have
also asp.net account granted for all the folder tree.

Maybe there is some problem with aspnet_client folder in the wwwroot ?

Gioking

Stephen said:
have you tried using the State Server?

Stephen, how do you setup an ap to use the state server on the shared hosting? We are using InProc session state now and we seem to get a lot of timeouts before they should which we assume is due to the applciation pool being reset.

Is it possible to have our app placed into its own pool to see if that would solve the issue?

Back