ASP pages down

My sites were down as well. I post a ticket and this is what I get for a response.......
A: Asp is running fine on all windows servers...Tell me your website name.
[Feb 18, 2004 6:26:55 PM]

But I know the server gets reset because there is a period there where I get a can not be found error.

Very frustrating.

Yash said:
What server? Please open a ticket immediately when you experience the problem

There is no way for us to diagnose issues if they are not reported to us. There are no DNS issues anymore. This could be related to something else

I'm on win1. This happened Tuesday evening for a minute or 2, but then it worked fine. I'm sorry for not reporting it, but I wasn't in a situation where I could do so. By the time I got home many hours later I decided too much time had passed, so I just let it go. If it happens again when I'm in a situation where I can report it, I promise I will do so right away.

riley

riley said:
No, no; it's those items combined with the Care Station Pack n Play. All those things together are just too much load for the server. Sorry Andy. I couldn't resist...

I have had some trouble with my sites lately too, but I think it's DNS related -- it loads slow after a long delay or I get Server Not Found.

rliey

I finally got some traffic to my site from posting here. Now if only you guys would test out the buying of some of the items while looking the site over... :))

Andy

We are writing a software that would monitor ASP, PHP and ASPX and report it to us immediately when it goes down. It will also offer some intelligent screening capabilities that would allow us to locate problematic websites quickly. It would also generate timeline graphs allowing us to go through a 24 hour period and locate any problem and which domains wee being accessed during that time

It should be on our servers by Monday hopefully. I'm pushing this through very fast

Thanks for the update.
Will you be able to tell us what kind of CPU usage an individual site is using on request?

wouldnt that be a bit personal to release, surely if Yash is isolateing those sites and limiting cpu useage that should be enough for us, it is after all not a witch hunt! :(

There is no way you can determine CPU usage for an individual site. You can only guess which site (though available data) is causing high CPU usage

We won't be limiting any site's CPU or RAM usage without informing the customer first. If they take action to correct the issue, we'll release the limits. But at least we won't have to disable the website till the customer fixes the issue like we used to do before

Anyone having ASP issues on win4. I was stable, for the most part, during the bad week, but today no go on my site. ?(

ASP did not go down today. Are you sure it wasn't with your code because our log indicated everything was fine? We did restart IIS but that was it

Yash, I am still having problems.
Our main site often just stops working:

www.corfu-travel-guide.com

2-3 times per day the site stops. (Currently it is not working.)
I think now the ASP problems have been curred, but we are now having DNS problems.

I realise that these problems are diffficult to trace, but for my part I have been through every asp script I have in an effort to reduce server load and ensure that they are closing all objects after use - I am sure many others on the server have also done the same.

This is all so frustrating.

Nathan

Yash said:
ASP did not go down today. Are you sure it wasn't with your code because our log indicated everything was fine? We did restart IIS but that was it

2/20/04 1:35 Mountain Standard Time... ASP down again.

I check this site about 10 times a day. (I am checking the pages that my customers are going to based on the logs)

It's been down at least 1 of those 10 times every day this week.

I know you guys are working on trying to figure this out but this is getting worrisome.

Andy

Nathan said:
Yash, I am still having problems.
Our main site often just stops working:

www.corfu-travel-guide.com

2-3 times per day the site stops. (Currently it is not working.)
I think now the ASP problems have been curred, but we are now having DNS problems.

I realise that these problems are diffficult to trace, but for my part I have been through every asp script I have in an effort to reduce server load and ensure that they are closing all objects after use - I am sure many others on the server have also done the same.

This is all so frustrating.

Nathan

There are NO DNS issues remaining. At least verify the problem first before complaining. You have entered these name servers:
Name Server.......... ns1.ultsearch.com
Name Server.......... ns2.ultsearch.com

Your domain is resolving to some other server

I moved corfu-travel-guide.info to its own application pool. Now there is no way ASP can crash for this site

Anyone who wants the same open a ticket

Here is what we plan to do now:

1) Create 10 application pools on each server
2) restrict each pool's CPU usage to 60%
3) Putting 30 to 40 sites in each pool

Now, when ASP crashes the next time, it will only affect the pool which the problematic site belongs. The other 300 sites on the server won't be affected
The we can scrutinize the 30 to 40 sites in that application pool further dividing them into separate pools to help isolating the problematic website

Restricting CPU usage would prevent a website abusing resources to prevent other sites from executing. It would only affect the sites in that pool till we locate it and isolate it

This plan will be executed in 6 hours from now. Our administrators will work for the next 12 hours from then to complete it

Sorry Yash. My HTML editor crashed during an upload and a file modification was missing. Duuuuh. My fault.

Ron said:
Have you been getting any sleep? lol

not until this problem is solved
This should have never happened. These recent episodes of issues have hurt our reputation alot and we're going into overdrive to correct all these issues once and for all.

We'll be executing the plan I mentioned in another few hours. It should also solve the session time out issue. Someone's script is causing IIS to crash dumping all session data!

Yash said:
not until this problem is solved
This should have never happened. These recent episodes of issues have hurt our reputation alot and we're going into overdrive to correct all these issues once and for all.

We'll be executing the plan I mentioned in another few hours. It should also solve the session time out issue. Someone's script is causing IIS to crash dumping all session data!

Yash, I've been with a few web hosts in the past, and I have to say, you guys are the most responsive and accessible I have dealt with. I really appreciate how you have been responding to issues. Good customer service goes a loooong way. If there is an issue, I need only come to the forums and see what the chatter is. I don't and won't hesitate to recommend jodohost to anyone I know who has a website or is thinking about starting one.

timmydee35 said:
Yash, I've been with a few web hosts in the past, and I have to say, you guys are the most responsive and accessible I have dealt with. I really appreciate how you have been responding to issues. Good customer service goes a loooong way. If there is an issue, I need only come to the forums and see what the chatter is. I don't and won't hesitate to recommend jodohost to anyone I know who has a website or is thinking about starting one.

I would like to "echo" Timmydee's comments. I'm a fairly new customer that hosts two domains with jodo and even though my ASP has gone down a couple of times, the support to get it going and find out the issues is excellent. I'm getting ready to move another domain over to jodo. Thanks Yash.

Back