ASP Settings Question

Hi,

Any help you can give me is much appreciated. I have a customer that is programming his ASP website on his home computer and after uploading he is recieving the errors below. He created his own "web.config" file as explained below but he says it does not work.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

You can submit a ticket and support will give you the real error. From this error I'd say you are on ASP.NET 1.1, if the code he has uploaded it is for ASP.NET 2 I can tell you the error is about the web.config itself.

I have the same problem, sounds like it is more than errors. Unless jodohost is blocking the true errors from coming thorugh. I have customerrors set to off.

Back