assigning static IP address to Plesk

in the server setting you go to the Server IP section, read IPs, then set the new IP that is read 'exclusive' then in the web host settings assign the site to the exclusive IP.

Stephen,

I do not see a Plesk domain to assign it too.
Currently, it is pointing to the Plesk corporate website.

You hav to go into the domain you wish to assign it with, then go to its proeprties and set it to 'assigned'

if you are trying to visit the ip itself like you can with Hsphere, it doesn't work that way, you will have to make a manual entry in IIS for the domain itself, or send a management ticket we can do it for $3 ticket.

Basically it needs a blank host header without a domain next to it if you want to visit http://IPA.DDR.ESS Thisis done by going to the domain, right clicking it, going to the 'advanced' button next to the listed IP address, then going to 'add' and selecting the proper IP in the drop down, put in port 80, leave the header blank and push ok, then ok out of the properties screen and visitng the IP will now give you the site instead of the plesk placeholder page.

Stephen,
I installed a trusted SSL certificate on the plesk control panel.
I redirected the domain to the new IP address at the registrar.
I went into IIS created a website for the domain selected the new IP address but was not sure what the entire path is to the Plesk control panel is supposed to be.
c:\parallels\plesk\htdocs ???
TIA

No, you need to create the domain in plesk, THEN you can do what I have said here. i did not realize you have no domain added, the domain needs to be added in plesk.
The ticket you had about this was about a particular service, which we said would need to be manual, not that 100% needed to be manual, for the domain keep it in plesk, or you will have a world of hurt later.

Stephen,

Here is the ticket number JWVPS#RNF-JZXOQ-687
I just requested that one of my prepaid managed tickets be used to fix it. I think I am most of the way there. TIA

Hopefully the Parallels support team will be able to solve the problem. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Twitter: @ParallelsPanel

We were able to get it mostly resolved with our internal tickets :)

Now if you want to pass a suggestion along I'd be more than willing to offer up: When assigning a dedicated IP make IIS have a blank host header for that IP, so that the SITE comes up, instead of plesk ads...that is one thing that really annoys the clients.

Back