AWStats Configuration

KazMax

Perch
This probably falls into the category of "I don't know what I am doing", so please be gentle....

I have a Gold shared hosting account. Everything is working great. I can configure and use Webalizer statistics no problem.

However if I enable AWStats for a domain, when I attempt to access those statistics I get prompted for a domain user name and password.

Is this correct? If so, what user name and password do I use - I tried the one for the Gold account and it didn't work.

Andrew

since awstats is technically a perl script, and has had some bugs/exploits in past, this is done for security sake.

Webalizer is read only html files.

Thanks Stephen.

The reason for my question was that I am hosting a web site which my son maintains (it's his personal web site and he is using it to advertise his skills as part of his university education). He has his own FTP sub-account so can publish as he sees fit, without needing access to my other sites. He has Webalizer which seems to be pretty good (and doesn't need a user name/password), and I was going to let him have AWStats, but that would obviously mean I would have to share the main FTP account password.

I can understand the wish to "protect" the perl scripts, but might it be appropriate to consider allowing access for an FTP sub-account which has access to a specific domain?

Andrew

AWStats Configur

Ive installed A2T and can run AWStats for my localhost, successfully. I was just wondering if we can configure multiple web servers and if its possible to read/analyze the log from a remote server or do we need to install AWStat on each of those web servers?

Any help/suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Back