Billing Customers

I have my reseller plans set up to accept payment through PayPal. When my customers order hosting their credit card is billed through PayPal. However, a month later when they are billed for their regular monthly hosting fee their credit card is not automatically charged. They receive an email much like the one below.

Dear Who Ever,

This letter informs you of how much was accrued/charged for the following operations:
Login: login
Account ID: 1234567
Plan: HostingPlan1
Order: #1413922-3668726-7

Monthly fee for HostingPlan1 (9/4/05 - 10/4/05) $5.00

TOTAL: $5.00
YOUR CURRENT BALANCE: ($5.00)

To replenish your balance, please follow this link: http://cp.mydomain.com:80/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.payment.blahblahblan

When they click on the link they are taken to the PayPal site. I want to have their credit card automatically charged each month without relying on my clients to ?replenish? their PayPal account. Can this be done with PayPal or 2checkout or WorldPay?

As far as I know it is possible to set up recurring payments via PayPal - they have some blurb on their site about how it works.

Its called Subscriptions in Paypal, I mean Recurring Billing but, I don't think you can use it along with H-Sphere.

kenbusby said:
I have my reseller plans set up to accept payment through PayPal. When my customers order hosting their credit card is billed through PayPal. However, a month later when they are billed for their regular monthly hosting fee their credit card is not automatically charged. They receive an email much like the one below.

Dear Who Ever,

This letter informs you of how much was accrued/charged for the following operations:
Login: login
Account ID: 1234567
Plan: HostingPlan1
Order: #1413922-3668726-7

Monthly fee for HostingPlan1 (9/4/05 - 10/4/05) $5.00

TOTAL: $5.00
YOUR CURRENT BALANCE: ($5.00)

To replenish your balance, please follow this link: http://cp.mydomain.com:80/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.payment.blahblahblan

When they click on the link they are taken to the PayPal site. I want to have their credit card automatically charged each month without relying on my clients to ?replenish? their PayPal account. Can this be done with PayPal or 2checkout or WorldPay?

When customer pays by web payment system, payments are made out of Hsphere. So they need to be credited manually. Also in case of payments by 2CO, it is better to credit account after 24 Hrs of its receipt due to 2CO Anti-fraud procudures.

Credit card is only payment method that is fully automatic with Hsphere.

Thankyou.

That's what I'm doing. I'm getting a Paradata gateway.

Ravi would you know if Paradata is setup with H-Sphere, on the docs it says there has to be 1 file configured or something...

I am not sure about that file, but we can make it available , if it is not already. And support is always there to help you. You can start configuring Paradata for your account.

Should get a reply from them around the beginning of next week, I'll let support know if something goes wrong.

By the way, how do you test if a gateway is setup properly? Are there any bogus CC# which are used for testing?

Just as a follow up to this...

PayPal Subscriptions should be supported in H-Sphere 2.5. However, 2.5 is still in Private Beta testing, where it will then be released for Public Beta testing, after which, it will be released for general use (could be a while down the line)...

http://forum.psoft.net/showthread.php?t=14452

Back