Billing with PayPal

rmethod

Perch
Hello All,
I'd like to get some advice from other resellers here on how to setup my billing process.

Since i don't have a merchant account yet, i'll be using PayPal for my billing.

During the past 3-4 days, i've been setting up test plans and signing up with them to test the billing process and i have some questions.

1. When a user goes to my host page to signup, should i have them sign up using the control panel, or should i create my own "Shopping Cart" that is integrated with PayPal?

2. How about using PayPal's subscription service? Has any one here had any experience using it?

Also, any comments that you may have on how to setup a billing process would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Richard M.

I'd recommend using Hsphere to directly signup. Saves alot of time when activating account.

PayPal subscriptions wont work with Hsphere

I've jumped in here rather than start a new paypal thread.

setting up pay pal as an option to 2co. I'm new with paypal & when i do a test purchase of $1.00 I get this from them:

The credit card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit card number

Has anyone found the answer to this. Have search the web & only found a few vauge references to paypal having problems verifying non-US ccards. I have no prob using the same card with 2co?

rmethod, I'd go with 2co as main in addition to paypal until you can justify the best option of your own merchant acount setup, its $50 one off for each url

I believe paypal requires AVS(address verification) does your card support that?

All sorted, the card was linked to my account & then removed...the last time I swore off paypal :).....paypal remembers the card though.
thanx

Back