black listed again

Status
Not open for further replies.

snooper

Perch
as of 11:44 Pm (GMT+3):

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.m****here.biz.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses. This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<marvagolan@***.com>:
Connected to 192.118.82.146 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 553 5.3.0 Message from 204.14.107.202 rejected based on external blacklist - See also http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

We have corrected the issue. I appologise.

As I explained, the blacklisting issue is being caused by SpamCop's new policies where they will blacklist any host sending out misdirected bounces and where they wont share the source of the misdirected bounce.

A misdirected bounce could be a over quota mailbox or a autoresponder that gets hit by spam with fake headers.

This issue is affecting many hosts running QMAIL and HSphere. We have a good working relationship with SpamCop so for the time being at least, they are sharing with us the source of these bounces while we look for a permanent solution

Yash said:
...they are sharing with us the source of these bounces while we look for a permanent solution
great, a permanent solution is really needed ASAP. this is starting to happen a little frequently...
and each time i get mails from my clients that they cant email out....

I'll make sure it doesnt happen again... Basically we are just switching SMTP ips while we resolve each case with spamcop

What we will now do is proactively change smtp ips every 3 days so this won't happen.

Yes alot of qmail/hsphere hosts are affected. I know quite a few (flu**hosting.com is one, and this is what they are doing too)

Hi Folks,

The host I will be coming from in a couple weeks has had a similar problem occasionally. The difference is that they would not even admit that there was a problem. It is refreshing to see Jodo be straight forward about the situation..and what they will do and are doing to correct it. That is extremely important to me and I am sure all of you as well...Great job!

InTheMarket said:
Hi Folks,

The host I will be coming from in a couple weeks has had a similar problem occasionally. The difference is that they would not even admit that there was a problem. It is refreshing to see Jodo be straight forward about the situation..and what they will do and are doing to correct it. That is extremely important to me and I am sure all of you as well...Great job!
Yes, this is what I have been saying about JH. They are honest with the customers. :first:

Yash said:
What we will now do is proactively change smtp ips every 3 days so this won't happen.

8o 8o 8o
This is a very scary sentence for people running DNS servers outside JH.
PLease Yash, could you speak about that?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back