Blogging and Email

OJM

Perch
Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me...

I'm trying out a couple of blog applications, which will allow me to send an email to an account, and for it to be pulled by the blog and shown on my site.

However, I'm having a couple of problems, as it's throwing an error everytime I enable the "email pulling" feature;

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imap_open() in D:\hshome\mydomain\mydomain.co.uk\blog\emoblog\moblogging.php on line 47

The configuration I require, are the following;

• mail server - mail.mydomain.co.uk
  • mail server port - 110
  • mailbox type (pop3 or imap) - pop3
  • mailbox login - [email protected]
  • mailbox password - *****
  • blog absolute path - /hshome/mydomain/mydomain.co.uk/blog/emoblog/
I thought I setup everything correctly, but the error is still being thrown up.

Could anyone confirm what I should set the above as please?

If it's any help, the application I'm using is e-moBLOG v1.3, by www.e-moblog.be

Thanks for your help!

Oli

Does anyone have any ideas please?

I've attached the moblogging.php file, just in case someone might be able to look at it for me, please?

Attachments

• moblogging.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 50
Seems like you are not the only one with this problem:

From their forum:
http://www.e-moblog.be/forum/showtopic.php?catID=2&topID=27

To me it seems that the Imap module is not installed into PHP on the windows servers (i guess you are trying to install on the windows-servers? )
When I check web03 (linux server) it seems like its there:
Code:
'--with-imap=/hsphere/shared'
So maybe you could try on a linux account instead.

AFAIK you can install any extension you want by placing it in the root of the domain folder and using a custom php.ini file to point to it. I have install it with succes on several domains and it works without problem.

Another thing is puzzling me in the error message. In the config file mentioned above, you said that server type is pop3, but the error says it could't find IMAP server, while it should look for a pop3 server :-?

Ah right, I didn't know about being able to install extensions manually. Could you possibly let me have a copy of your custom php.ini file, with an example of how to install an extension please?

I was wondering about that error too...not sure why it's throwing up IMAP and not POP3 :\

Lots of apps require that certain extensions be active even if you don't use them.

Regarding the php.ini file. It'd be best to open a ticket asking the php.ini file of the server your on and then editing it to your need (just uncomment the section you need)

JoCald said:
Lots of apps require that certain extensions be active even if you don't use them.

Regarding the php.ini file. It'd be best to open a ticket asking the php.ini file of the server your on and then editing it to your need (just uncomment the section you need)

I second that. I got mine from support as the one I had was different.
The only downsize to this is that you cannot use the same extension folder for ALL domains into an account and you have to put them in all necessary domains.

imap is a standard extension and is probably already on your server. Try just enabling the extension by removing the ' (single quote) before the appropriate line in the php.ini file.

The other option would be to see if your blogging script can be configured to use pop3 instead of imap for "mail pulling".

Tim

Thanks for all the advice.

One question though - Where would I put the php.ini file once I've downloaded it / edited it?

Back