Can anyone see this web site?

sonata

Perch
URL: http://www.cohentablepads.com

I have a client whose web site has been unreachable since about 2:00 PM yesterday (nearly 24 hours now). Shortly before it went down, we initiated a domain transfer to a new registrar (GoDaddy). The domain has not yet been released by the current registrar. I thought it was curious that the site went offline about the same time as the transfer was initiated, but the registrar claims they have nothing to do with it.

It has been about 20 hours now since I changed the nameservers to point to a new hosting server (GoDaddy again), and the changes apparently have not yet populated. Even though I know it could take up to 72 hours, I have never seen it take this long. In fact, changes to 5 other domains (all registered with GoDaddy), made a couple of hours earlier were already taking effect when I changed this one! This morning, only cohentablepads.com is still down.

If you are able to see this site, please PM me the IP address so I know which hosting server you are able to get to.

Thanks for your help.

I spent quite a bit of time looking at reports - including this one. What has me concerned now is that it has been over 24 hours since making the nameserver change and I have found only 1 - ONE - server in the entire world that can get to the site! I would think that SOME servers have been updated in the past 24 hours!

However unusual I have seen the full 72 hours pass while waiting for servers to update. If you're certain that your dns is correct then be patient, it will go through.

Thanks for the input, but it's not very comforting. My client will be out of the country for 10 days starting tomorrow, and he will not be happy that his business is basically shut down as he's leaving.

I also see that DNS Stuff now requires a paid membership to get the basic DNS report. This is my last web project as I'm taking a full-time consulting position, so I won't be joining and can't get those reports any more. Too bad.

Just a note it is down in north east US on time warner cable(that is where I am at moment)

DNS stuff is worse than lame these days. Network-tools.com rocks. Free and much more comprehensive.

FWIW, your site is not visable in the Western Pacific nor in Thailand.

not available in pacifoc northwest on Charter cable.

My $.02, make sure your nameservers are right at godaddy -- even if they look right, i would reinput them (maybe switch them around).

It's not loading here either. I use my own nameserver rather than my ISPs, so root servers must not be up to date. (2008-01-05 11:29 UTC)

Yes. Registrar now says propagation is being held up by domain transfer to new registrar, so I have to wait for that to complete, which should be any time now.

Boy, these people are slow.

Back