cannot FTP to any of my sites

Since yesterday afternoon I cannot connect to any of my sites via FTP. I can connect with sites NOT on JH.

I have gotten no where with emailing support.

I cannot get any work down without FTP access.

Please help.

Have you restarted router and dsl/cable modems? These can cause issues.

We don't have any FTP issues going now, in fact we don't have the servers linked by any FTP firewall or anything, so it would be only a single server at a time down unless all was down(by all I mean a network issue). At this time, and for quite some time now thankfully, no network issues exist.

Hello,

We have already been replied your ticket and we successfully able to connect with the details which you mentioned on your ticket using Filezilla. Also, attached the ftp transaction logs of filezilla as attachment for your reference.

As per our Live chat conversation, you were able to connect fine from command prompt as well. It looks like some issues with ftp client which you are using or with the details.

However, you can try to use server IP instead of Hostname in the ftp client and or you can try to change the transfer mode of ftp client from Active to Passive or vice-versa.

No, that's what is so strange. I was working all day yesterday uploading and downloading files to various sites I have and then all of a sudden I got a time out error, then I realized I could no longer FTP to ANY of my JH accounts - BUT I can to my client sites on other hosts. It's crazy.

I still cannot connect to just my JH client sites. This is killing me work wise.

No, that's what is so strange. I was working all day yesterday uploading and downloading files to various sites I have and then all of a sudden I got a time out error, then I realized I could no longer FTP to ANY of my JH accounts - BUT I can to my client sites on other hosts. It's crazy.

I still cannot connect to just my JH client sites. This is killing me work wise.
It is strange, but we haven't done anything, especially not network wide :)

This leave it to being somewhere in your isp/router or in some PC setting. The suggestions Sachin has given are good about active/passive as well.

If I am mistaken didn't this happen one time before and unplugging the router for a min or two fixed it?

Yep, Stephen that did it. I recycled my modem, router, etc, rebooted and I'm able to FTP to my JH sites again.

Thanks for suggesting this!

Yep, Stephen that did it. I recycled my modem, router, etc, rebooted and I'm able to FTP to my JH sites again.

Thanks for suggesting this!
Very good.

I know it has happened before with someone and this was the fix then as well, really don't know what makes them act up.

At the office here in the US I generally restart the wifi once a week with a good wifi solution, I HAD a cisco unit (it was really a high end linksys) and it required daily, and was more stubborn than anything, I took it back during the refund/exchange period.

Back