Can't connect to MSSQL12 from local environment

Mssql13 IS this fixed now, we blocked users using the external port from internal, we had to redo the config and there was a single digit typo.
Prior we've had to restart it a few times a week, those web servers using external port were a major cause.
They are denied access now, and will remain so as they connect direct.

You know there are hosts that dont allow external sql access at all, we wont go that route, but the sql servers have been immensly more stable since blocking direct outside access.

You know there are hosts that dont allow external sql access at all, we wont go that route, but the sql servers have been immensly more stable since blocking direct outside access.
I appreciate you getting it fixed, but to your point, if you were one of those hosts, I would not have signed up with Jodo in the first place.

This is a MAJOR issue for us. Please treat it as so going forward. When a client has an issue with a site (data related) and we can't get to that data to diagnose/fix the issue, they don't understand "config typos". They just know that they are losing money and it is my fault.

I'm definitely not telling you anything you don't already know, but I feel the need to explain the importance of this issue as it has not been treated with importance in recent weeks.

-b

The config was today, only.
you know you could use a query from the web server to fix in a pinch right?
I am not saying you should, dont misunderstand, but you could in a pinch make an asp page that does a login and a query, the sql server is and was up and fine.
in addition vps servers we have configured as internal allowing sql access, i dont know right off if you have one, but if so installling sql management may be an option

Again... Can't connect to MSSQL12 from local environment.
Is it just me ? or anybody else have the same problem again ?

Any idea when it will be fixed - for good?

What are the other ways to access? Did you get my PM with our local IP? Does that help?

I know you're doing everything you can and I know these extra security measures are good. And I absolutely appreciate all you are doing (not to mention all the help you have provided us over the years, you've been great, Stephen - you are the main reason we've stayed at Jodo for so many years). If there is any information you can provide about when this may be permanently resolved, that would be great. I've been telling clients for the last couple days that it was fixed, no it's down, it's fixed, no it's down... and I have salaried programmers who can't get their work done who still get paid (think they'd go to hourly? ;) ). I had a deadline the day this started and I still haven't been able to complete that project. My luck has been that it was up while I was in a meeting, and down when I could work.

It's just been a bit of a roller coaster the last couple days and I still feel unsure of when things might be back to normal. Our clients are being very understanding (so far), but we still need to be able to get some work done soon.

Any information, ideas, suggestions or even a good joke would be appreciated. I'm just sitting here refreshing my email and this thread to see when we can start having fun again. :)

Been working great for the last several hours! Thanks!! :D
We are using more robust software now, the same we used for forwarding over 90mb/s of traffic from Miami to Waco prior to migration over, which if quite a lot greater than what we have here for sql external.

Back