Cfftp

Is the CFFTP available for use on a shared plan?

If it is, and anyone has experience using it, I'd like some feedback on its performance, any hints or things to watch out for, etc. I may need to use this to aquire files from one client's server and upload them to one of my sites on Jodohost.

Good Oyster said:
Is the CFFTP available for use on a shared plan?

If it is, and anyone has experience using it, I'd like some feedback on its performance, any hints or things to watch out for, etc. I may need to use this to aquire files from one client's server and upload them to one of my sites on Jodohost.
I have not tried to use CFFTP on JodoHosts's servers but I would guess that you may have to ask them to add the URL of your client's destination machine to their allowed connection list (do this by submitting a ticket).

I have used it before to a degree, however your best bet is going to be just playing around with it and figuring out how you want it to work. If you are planning on doing the transfers real time you'll need to take file size and latency into account. Most CFFTP tools that I have seen turned into automated scripts that ran based on a scheduled task. This is also something that JodoHost can do via a ticket.

Thanks, hatton. That's what I'm looking to do, automate the retrieval of these files on a daily basis. I'll contact support once I'm ready and see what they can do.

Back