cfmail not working from subdomain

Hi-

I'm using cfmail from my main domain to send form mail and it works perfectly. I am referencing my main domain's mailserver.

I created a sub-domain and tried using the exact same cfmail line of code on a page in my subdomain, that references my main domain's mailserver, and it doesn't work at all.

Is there something different I have to do in my sub-domain code to send cfmail? Am I not able to reference the same main mail server as in my main domain's cfmail code?

Here's the format of my cfmail code:

<cfmail to="[email protected]" from="[email protected]" subject="Response posted" server="[email protected]:p[email protected]">

this is killing me!!

Can someone please help me with this? It's been driving me nuts this whole week! I've wasted so much time trying to test this back and forth!

Here's my Situation:

From main domain: Created a user registration script that emails a confirmation via cfmail - WORKS

From subdomain: Created a confirmation email script using THE EXACT SAME LINE OF CFMAIL CODE as above - NEVER WORKS!!!

I created test pages in both the main domain and subdomain to test cfmail using, again, the exact same line of code - the test pages haven't worked once!

So - only the main domain's registration cfmail script works, everything else does not work. BUT all are using the same line of cfmail code!

Here's my exact cfmail code I've been using for all:
<cfmail
to="[email protected]" from="[email protected]"
subject="test" server="customerservice:[email protected]">

what could be wrong?? any ideas?

Yup, actually I tried it both ways for all my tests. According the Macromedia documentation, the cfmail tag doesn't have the "@domain" part when you put in your username, so I tried it without it as an experiment.

But, I did have the @Domain part in for all my tests. It still didn't work.

Is there anyway to check the coldfusion server to see if the messages are stuck there? or on the mail server? I know that coldfusion's cfmail tag will dump the messages into some error log folder on the coldfusion server if it doesn't end up sending it, I believe. I'm not a server person, but I think I read that somewhere.

My code is not giving an error with cfmail. So it must be sending it. But the messages just aren't getting through. I'm pretty sure my script code is correct with the server name authentication.

Anything you can do to check the server side Stephen would be greatly appreciated. Cause I don't think it's my code. I have it the way you specified it should be...

ahha! Found the problem, you need to have the domain added to the mass mailing ignore list:
Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 554 sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list (#5.7.1)

Back