Cfprocessingdirective - Whitespace

Does any body know why I shouldn't include the suppresswhitespace="yes" directive on every page?

I thought that it was the default on the server side and you used that directive to escape out of it in your pages. But that doesn't seem to be the case with CFMX.

Unless I use that directive on every page, it takes the time to process all of the whitespace from my includes, which can amount to thousands of blank source lines.

Anybody have any ideas on the proper way to clean up all of the white space? Is this something we can ask of the server admin?

Hatton, for instance, if I look at the source to your three-legged dog site, you have what looks to be a similar problem but not exactly what I'm talking about. Still, it looks like you have a few hundred lines that could be trimmed with the directive.

It just seems to me that it would be the obvious default on the server to suppress the white space unless they want our transfers to be larger than necessary;)

Regardless, I would like to know if this is something that could be done server side rather than me adding it to every single page (I tried adding it to the static page header/footer without any luck.)

Brent

Back