CFX_IMAGE on WINCF

Redster

Perch
Yash, Could you kindly install CFX_IMAGE_MX custom tag on WINCF.

I have tried it and got this error:

"Error processing CFX custom tag "CFX_IMAGE_MX".

The CFX custom tag "CFX_IMAGE_MX" was not found in the custom tag database. Please be sure to add custom tags to the database before using them. If you have added your tag to the database then you should check the spelling of the tag within your template to insure that it matches the database entry."

I will have to look it up, but I would highly recommend you look into Image_CR3 by efflare: http://efflare.com/

It has proven to produce much better output, and actually be better on the server side, not to mention I spent quite a bit of money to buy it for a customer wanting it :)

I would like to use this Image_CR3 on a site I'm building. To use this, will I have to upload the file to the server with CFFILE, and then use cfx_imagecr3 to make a new, resized copy from the uploaded file, and a thumbnail? And then I can delete the original from the server? Or is there a more efficient way to do it?

If anyone has experience using this tag, I'd appreciate some ideas. This client is a realtor and will be uploading lots of pics.

This component will work great for that, and your method sounds fine to me, maybe someone will chime in with a better idea.

Does anyone know if cfx_imagecr3 is available on win2? I'd really like to use it, since it's supposed to be available, but when I try, I get an error saying it's not found in the custom tags databse.

Thanks Stephen,

Is there any chance of getting it installed in win2 as well? Or having my account moved to wincf?

-laurie

Don't see installing it on win2 right now, but you can move to wincf, one change will be that on wincf ou can not run ASP or ASP.NET pages.

We can use the move tool and it will not be any downtime for the most part, a few people might have DNS cache problems, but they will self resolve. It could be started now and done before the weekend is over, which is typically a good time to such changes to be made.

Stephen... apart from not ASP or ASP.NET, are there any other differences in terms of server hardware or software between win2 and wincf?

Should I submit a ticket to request the move if I decide to go through with it? Also, do I provide the name of my CF datasource be moved as well, or do I just have to recreate it on the new server?

Thanks!

Stephen... apart from not ASP or ASP.NET, are there any other differences in terms of server hardware or software between win2 and wincf?

WinCF is a dual Xeon server, no difference really, except the no ASP/ASP.NET functions available.

In addition to that, we have some additional tags installed on WinCF, like the imagecr3.

Should I submit a ticket to request the move if I decide to go through with it? Also, do I provide the name of my CF datasource be moved as well, or do I just have to recreate it on the new server?

Yes, submit a ticker, and the CF datasource name, we will recreate it there.

Thanks!

As a note of encouragement, Stephen and the techs moved all of my sites over to WinCF a couple of months ago, and it went real smooth. DNS resolved in less than an hour, they got all my DSN connections changed over, and all went well.

And the cfx_image tag works great. I've ben playing with it this week developing a shopping cart for a client, and it sure beats the old tag. I'll be re-coding several of my other apps to use it. It resizes and manipulates images much quicker and efficiently.

Did the move over the weekend, and everything went very smoothly!

As for the cFX_image3 tag, I agree, it's great. I've used it elsewhere, and I've also used a couple other similar tags, and it's the best one I've found. Cheers to Jodohost for providing it -- even if I had to move to get it! ;)

Back