Changing plan without deleting account?

I've got a client who needs to change their plan to a CF account. The problem is, the account is already set up w/ mail, and I'd to avoid having to recreate all their emails under the new account -- the change really only affects their web hosting services, not mail. Is it possible to somehow add the CF server to the account in place of their current linux server, but keep the mail settings intact?

stephen,

so, ignoring the issue of mail for now, what's the procedure to move an active account from a linux to a windows server? there's a bit of a catch-22 here: i can't create a new account for the domain in question, because hsphere tells me the domain already exists. and i don't really want to kill the existing account and/or dns zone before the new account is in place.

what do you suggest as the most efficient route to make something like this happen?

It isn't really possible to do it in a clean manner, while they made some tools to do this they really don't work well at all.

So... you're saying there's really only the messy way left: take a backup, kill the existing account/zone during "quiet time" and then set up the new account, push the content from the backup and hope that things resolve gracefully across the intertubes to pick up the account's new home?

okay, well, i'll give that a try, then.

Back