CL1-WIN17 slow - offline for moment - RAID rebuilding

Even after the reboot it is being quite slow we are still checking what is making this slowness now.

It has gotten very bad slow again, we are checking again now. We are rebuilding RAID array on it, as we found that it had degraded some minutes prior to the slowness starting before, but it was good during most of this time.

Found the issue for this slowness, in the RAID rebuilding it had not moved but 1 % in the last 1 hour, I started to shut down (properly) to do a reboot, and once it was down i decided I will keep it down 10 min and then start it, and it moved 3% so far in the last 5 min, so it had hit a particlarly slow spot in the rebuild. I plan to keep it down a few minutes more then turn back on, and raid build should continue in background with minor impact only. It may have another slow spot later, but I hope not.

the raid rebuild is screaming now, 8% completed in 10 min. before it was going, but slow. I am going to keep win17 down a bit longer, because it may just work better to get the raid rebuild done than to try running it as slow as it was.

win17 is up, it got to windows about 8x faster than before, IIS is not up just yet, but looks to be coming up as ASP replying in the time I am posting this now.

The rebuild is not done, but it is past the win17 data by sector counts, so hoping that it won't impact as badly and will finish up soon.

IIS is all up now, still a little slow, but better than any point since this topic in place. We're monitoring and hoping all goes well from here out

Well it booted fast and intially came fast, but going slow again :( I'm not wanting to shut it down again but if it is the best way to make things get back to right on the RAId it may be the best choice.

IIS is basically not responding, and since starting the server again raid as moved 1% it was moving that much each minute when it was down. I guess the best thing to do is to just shut it down and let it build because IIS is just getting slower by the minute right now. Haven't had a case quite like this but think this is a 'delay' sector issue, not bad sectors, but ones that are having delays in reading and making the problems. The raid build has not detected and single bad sectors (and sometimes that kicks the raid build back to 0 or stops fully, so not something you want to see)

well just as a make threats of that here, iis is working and another 1% done on raid build....so back to keeping an eye on it.

ok it is like a yoyo with heart, back to slow, going with turning off and letting raid finish, looking at about an hour to 1.5 this is the last thing I want to do but if we don't this will go on for 10+ hours at this rate, and none of us want that.

been down 5 min and raid went up 4% in competion in that time, so I guess it is just being stubborn. We've rebuilt many raids behind the scene in past without even a post, it is just a routine thing in most cases, but seems not today.

Server is looking to be about 45 min away from done on rebuild, once it gets to 90% I will make a go at starting it again. 15-30 min or so

The server is up, still limping along as the rebuild finishes the last 9% but hopefully won't be too long.

What a waste of time these trials to make it live have been, it justs slows everything else more. It is down again.

I've held off the last 6 min due to past 'up downs' but RAID is done in its processing, and the win17 IIS is up, all services. We are still watching it close but it is faster in loading both asp and asp.net than before

Back