Click to activate and use this control

raid

Guppy
This problem apparently was due to a security update from Microsoft. Until recently i only used XP SP1 but recently upgraded to SP2 and now have this problem with the flash images on my website.

I am running a Soop Portal for the site and no matter what solution i have tried, the problem remains. There are many solutions to the problem and the clearest for me is the one from Macromedia themselves.

Basically my problem is with Step 3 of the solution as i am not sure where to place the code and on what asp pages of the portal.

The problem is outlined HERE along with the solution but i must be doing something wrong as i cannot get it to work.

Grateful if someone has the time to run me through it or point me in the right direction.
Many thanks...:)

Put the .js file in your site's root folder and add the line:

<script src="/AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="javascript"></script>

to the headers of every page. (include the '/' in the filename)

I'm not familiar with the Soop Portal, but you may find there's a common header file and you'll only need to enter it there.

Then replace your <object> ...</object> HTML in every file it appears with:

<script type="text/javascript" >
AC_FL_RunContent(
'codebase', 'https://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0',
'width', '200',
'height', '200',
'src', 'yourswffile',
'quality', 'high',
'pluginspage', 'https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer',
'align', 'middle',
'play', 'true',
'loop', 'false',
'scale', 'noscale',
'wmode', 'window',
'devicefont', 'false',
'id', 'flash-animations',
'bgcolor', '#eeeeee',
'name', 'yourswffile',
'menu', 'false',
'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',
'movie', 'yourswffile',
'salign', ''
);
</script>

Edit the parameters as necessary, and replace 'yourswffile' with your filename, but don't use the '.swf' part of it. Make sure the path is correct for the eventual location of the file, though.

Up to you but I wouldn't bother with all the <noscript> nonsense. If a user has javascript turned off they're not likely to have Flash running either.

You could maybe add
<noscript>Adobe are even bigger evil thieving b******s than Macromedia</noscript>
instead

Back