ColdFusion and ASP.NET???

Why can't we have ColdFusion and ASP.NET under the same plan? My old host let me have them all in one so I don't have to create separate plans for ColdFusion and ASP.NET... that's pretty inconvenient if you ask me.... what's the reason behind that??? ?(

Underdog said:
You can do that, no probs.
Where did you get this information?

It says it here:
http://www.jodohost.com/stepbystep4.asp

"Logical Servers: From here you can select Win Servers or Cold Fusion Servers. If you select Win Servers, you MUST NOT enable/allow Cold Fusion on this Plan. If you select Cold Fusion Servers, you must NOT allow ASP &ASP.NET on this plan. This means that you cannot host ASP/ASP.NET & ColdFusion on one plan and must create separate plans for them. If you enable ColdFusion on a plan configured to Win Servers, you'll get an account creation error"

LevelHosting said:
It says it here:
http://www.jodohost.com/stepbystep4.asp

"Logical Servers: From here you can select Win Servers or Cold Fusion Servers. If you select Win Servers, you MUST NOT enable/allow Cold Fusion on this Plan. If you select Cold Fusion Servers, you must NOT allow ASP &ASP.NET on this plan. This means that you cannot host ASP/ASP.NET & ColdFusion on one plan and must create separate plans for them. If you enable ColdFusion on a plan configured to Win Servers, you'll get an account creation error"

8o 8o 8o 8o
?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

Is this a new thing?

Yeah, that sucks big time... and I can't really think of a reason for that too since almost all other hosts that have ColdFusion allow you to host .NET and ColdFusion on the same plan...

So even though it says not to do it, I did enable both ASPNET and ColdFusion for one of my plans and did 3 test pages - test.asp, test.cfm and test.aspx with corresponding sample test code and it all worked fine...

So can we get some clarification from Jodo on this issue please???

LevelHosting said:
So even though it says not to do it, I did enable both ASPNET and ColdFusion for one of my plans and did 3 test pages - test.asp, test.cfm and test.aspx with corresponding sample test code and it all worked fine...

So can we get some clarification from Jodo on this issue please???

DON'T DO IT!!! You're going to bring down the servers... LOL

:D

Actually ASP.NET must be installed for hsphere, but we do not want it running on the server, only PHP and Coldfusion
it runs 150% more stable this way(that is btw, not scientific, but CF is very stable).

Edit: If we see .net running on the servers we will most likely disable it, as it has been clear for a long long time we don't have .net or asp as allowed services on the server.

I'm going to bring the servers down? Man, I'm starting to get doubts as to why I signed up here... can't have CF and ASP.NET on the same plan, any reseller can bring the servers down by clicking a button in their CP... WTF? ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

Many hosts do not allow ASP/ASP.NET on the same server as coldfusion. However if you create a cold fusion plan, you may be able to use ASP/ASP.NET immediately. We audit our CF servers regularly and will disable and ASP/ASP.NET scripts on our CF server if we find them

If you try using CFMX on a standard windows server, it will not work.

Separating ColdFusion and ASP/ASP.NET gives much more stability to each respective server and makes them more productive for us. No host installs ColdFusion on each of their servers.. And if a host has separate coldfusion servers, they obviously would not allow asp/asp.net

Back