ColdFusion database problems

The last week I have had a couple of database connection issues on 2 different CF servers, wincf3 and win6. These are sites that have been running for months or years without any code or DSN changes. They are used regularly and have had no issues other than the rare Jodohost outages. Are these current connection issues due to a recent Java or Windows update? Have there been others experiencing similar issues for no apparent reason?

The last issue, on wincf3, took several hours to fix, and I never was notified that it was completely solved. I just assumed since the website was up and the client wasn't *****ing that all was now well.

Just wondering if there is something we need to watch out for on all CF servers, or if I need to migrate my older CF sites to newer CF servers.

I only know of an issue that happens on a mySQL server due to too many bad connection attempts from a user and then the ip gets blocked, then has to be flushed from the mysql server side. It hasn't happened much but in the last 2 weeks I know of twice, not sure if someone is changing their pass then not changing the DNS strign to match or what exactly here.

Nothing is being changed on my end, and these sites have been running on these servers for a looooong time without incident. To have similar connection issues crop up on two different servers leads me to think it has something to do with an update, either Java, Windows, MySQL, etc.

I never said it was you, it was someone else that triggered this in all likelihood. It isn't an update that triggers it, CF gives pathetic messages on it we spent over 2 hour son it before figuring it out with a PHP test sample that gives the REAL error.

On the CF side we deleted, remade, changed passes, ensured all synced, everything, and on PHP it gave a mysql error, and that the IP was blocked due to too many invalid attempts, and needed to be cleared, after that all worked.

I never said it was you, it was someone else that triggered this in all likelihood. It isn't an update that triggers it, CF gives pathetic messages on it we spent over 2 hour son it before figuring it out with a PHP test sample that gives the REAL error.

On the CF side we deleted, remade, changed passes, ensured all synced, everything, and on PHP it gave a mysql error, and that the IP was blocked due to too many invalid attempts, and needed to be cleared, after that all worked.

Oh I figured you meant some other user, I just know these servers have been in use for a long time, and I would assume there's very little new development done on them. That's why I suspected updates.

Thanks for the help!

Back