Couple of questions about the new Plesk 10 Win VPS hosting

mchilson

Perch
Hey guys,

Thought I would post this here as I am sure others will have some of these same questions. But if I should open a ticket please let me know.

1. Is there any issues installing SQL Server 2008 on the 2008 server since it requires .NET 4.0 as a prerequisite and it's not installed?

2. Is Mail Enable using the Windows SMTP service? I am unable to find the SMTP properties in the new plug-in for Mail Enable.

Many thanks! Am looking forward to moving to the new platform this week.

Regards,
Mike Chilson

1. Is there any issues installing SQL Server 2008 on the 2008 server since it requires .NET 4.0 as a prerequisite and it's not installed?

>> You can install .NET 4.0 on VPS. I personally installed SQL server 2008 on one client VPS. There has no such big issue. Temporally you need 1.5+ GB memory while installation. We can provide you but you have to send a ticket for it.

2. Is Mail Enable using the Windows SMTP service? I am unable to find the SMTP properties in the new plug-in for Mail Enable.

>> I haven't checked it. Let me check and get back to you.

About mailenable, I saw this on one other deployment not having SMTP option in the MMC, I downloaded the 4.26 Mailenable and reinstalled it over, and that fixed.

BTw submit a ticket and we will do this SMTP setting change for you, it is a known issue now, happened to a few people.

Back