Crafty Syntax Live Help PHP Mail

Has anyone had any luck getting http://www.craftysyntax.com's live help program to work with email? It looks like it tries to create a socket connection to the mail server, but is failing with "No mailbox here by that name"..

I also wonder if there might be a way to have it talk directly to gmail or else use phpmailer?

Thanks,
-Ben

Has anyone had any luck getting http://www.craftysyntax.com's live help program to work with email? It looks like it tries to create a socket connection to the mail server, but is failing with "No mailbox here by that name"..

I also wonder if there might be a way to have it talk directly to gmail or else use phpmailer?

Thanks,
-Ben

Hey Ben,

I have used Crafty Syntax in the past but could never get it to work correctly. It would also be slow and users could never get connected to the chats or it would be automatically disconnected. I thought there was a place to put in SMTP info but I haven't used it for over a year now, so things could have changed in the updated version(s).

Here's the latest, I was a bit too proactive thinking "hey, I had to use PHPmailer in the past for osCommerce and such, I might have to do something similar here".. However, I took out all of the connection string stuff and it sends mail just fine on its own.. So it looks like whatever PHP is on the windows side, it's sending mail out without anything. So far, the application looks great and works great!

Here's the latest, I was a bit too proactive thinking "hey, I had to use PHPmailer in the past for osCommerce and such, I might have to do something similar here".. However, I took out all of the connection string stuff and it sends mail just fine on its own.. So it looks like whatever PHP is on the windows side, it's sending mail out without anything. So far, the application looks great and works great!

Windows will send mail out it just won't have rDNS and less likely to get delivered to inboxes because of it :)

that is why we recommend using the phpmailer with smtp auth as it is authenticated, rDNSed, and more likely to not be seen as spam.

I have no idea how to setup CSLH to use phpmailer, and don't see any forums with "how to" do it..

Please help me understand why rdns isn't setup on these servers again? I thought I remembered seeing why in the past, but it escapes me.

Back