Custom Error Pages Error

What you did was have us setup a virtual directory to show asp errors.
You then went into his control panel and changed the path to the 500 error to a page not found one hoping it would execute within the IIShelp virtual directoy we created. Well you do not have permissions for that directory so the asp would not work. And that is why you were getting the download.

If you look at the page now
http://queenofpersia.com/product-details.asp there is an error showing on it. Don't mess with the 500 error pages because they were setup
to work off the IIShelp directory.

I have mostly given up on the custom error pages. I can't understand why it doesn't work.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant by that last post.

Don't mess with the 500 error page? Hmm... can you explain a little more clearly.

I believe I am having a very similar problem. I setup error.asp in my root directory, am pointing to it..and am simply running a response.write to test the .asp.

I uploaded 'bad.asp' to my root which is just some mangled asp code to produce errors, and once hit, I am forwarded to error.asp as I should be...but the output is simply all text...no .asp is run. However, if I hit the 'error.asp' page directly the .asp runs perfectly and the response.write output is shown.

http://www.jasonguzman.com/bad.asp (which will redirect to the error.asp page, but not RUN the .asp)

http://www.jasonguzman.com/error.asp (hitting the page directly runs the .asp code properly)

*edit*: I guess this would be a good spot to mention that I'm also still having trouble with my custom 404 errors. Attempting to point to 404.asp (which at the moment is only showing 'page not found' in text), but if you hit any random guess like http://www.jasonguzman.com/fourofour.html it is not pointing correctly. To make things even more interesting, I *have* had it direct to the proper 404.asp page a few times...then if I refresh to duplicate the page...I go back to the typical system 404.

TIA for any and all help!

IIS is not executing ASP/PHP or any dynamic error pages. I recommend you use static pages till we come up with a solution

If anyone knows how to get IIS to execute these pages, I'd appreciate they write back to us. Our administrator hasn't been able to figure this out yet.

Hmmm, I use web.config to create an error page for 404 and a default for all others and it executes the aspx page and the code-behind properly. Of course, it needs to be compiled and the DLL needs to be in the bin\ directory. I use these pages to email me and log stuff, for example, so I know they are executing.
-Dave

Yash said:
IIS is not executing ASP/PHP or any dynamic error pages. I recommend you use static pages till we come up with a solution

If anyone knows how to get IIS to execute these pages, I'd appreciate they write back to us. Our administrator hasn't been able to figure this out yet.

WineIsGood said:
Hmmm, I use web.config to create an error page for 404 and a default for all others and it executes the aspx page and the code-behind properly. Of course, it needs to be compiled and the DLL needs to be in the bin\ directory. I use these pages to email me and log stuff, for example, so I know they are executing.
-Dave
The problem with Web.Config file error pages, that it will only catch errors for ASP.NET, not anything else (for example ASP). At least this is what I've read. If you are referencing your web site (WineIsGood), then check out those links:

Catch error
Oups, missed

Dave (Wineisgood), Thanks for your referl.

But things are not going as great as i thought it would be, i m having this problem since i moved my site about 4 days ago.
My 404.asp error page is not working (display the source code), the same exact page is working fine with another host for the the last 18 months.

I opened a ticket but the support guys has not been able to solve it, all i get try this and that but the problem did not go away.

I sent a private message to yash a couple of days ago and i have not heard from regarding this issue, i think he is not going to answer it, he would by now if he want it to.

Big Denali, did you ever find out what was going on with your page and why is not working? I need you guys help if you know the answer to this, i am not getting the support level that made me choose jodohost, if i can not solve it then i need to start looking again, unfortunatly. Thanks.

Amjad

I'm not clear on what exactly isn't working for you? Are you writing in classic ASP and you want a custon 404 error page to load? Can you show us your code and the setup you've tried? I haven't setup custom error pages on jodohost, but I think you need to configure it properly in HSphere for classic asp to work.
-Dave

Back