Custom Signup with XML API

thdrought

Perch
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum. Just signed up with an account this morning.

I was wondering if the patches are applied to HSphere allowing us to make a custom signup script with the XML API?

Also, anyone do it? I want to integrate a script on my site, probably in Perl using SOAP-Lite, since I have existing Perl scripts to handle my domain registrations through OpenSRS.

Just want to get peoples comments on how it works for them. Also, I noticed at PSoft that the patch includes an option for querying the HSphere db for existing users. This is cool, as the old scripts always bombed out when the user already existed.

Thanks for your replies,
thdrought

HSphere XML API is definately installed but I have no idea how this works for resellers.

If you do get this working, please let me know as I am pretty interested in this as well.

I was just wondering if you made any progress with this. Had a few customers asking about it

I was going through the PDF and it seems resellers can do quite a bit with the API including creating email accounts and implementing their own registration wizard.

Yes, you can do a lot with the new XML API. I am looking forward to getting away from the built-in signup forms that H-Sphere provides. They may be helpful for some, but I don't like the flow of the form, and the wording it uses.

For example, if you want to provide an extra billing option, like Purchase Orders, you have to get the customer to select Check. It's confusing for everyone.

I also resell my own domain names through OpenSRS. I have my custom signup form handling that. H-Sphere cannot handle that.

Unfortunately, even with all the Pro's I listed above, I have not had much time to start working with the XML API. I played with it for a few moments, but only got 404 errors. Have not gone back since to find out what is wrong.

I have some scripting, if others want to help in the effort. I basically need to get a good connection with the API, and then I am good. Just haven't had the time to play. Too much work. :)) Definately not complaining.

If anyone is interested in helping, send me a private message. I will share what I have, which is not much. If I do this by myself, I hope to get back to it within a month.

Tom

i think it is possible even for resellers i read a long thread on psoft forums and i managed to get a php script for signing up using hsphere. It's complete but i think it has to be changed to accept different payement types and domain registrars
I can share it with you thdrought if it can be of any help with your current project.

Dave96 said:
i think it is possible even for resellers i read a long thread on psoft forums and i managed to get a php script for signing up using hsphere.

Thank you for sending me this script. But, I have seen this one before. It does not interact with with the XML API.

As far as the XML API being used by resellers, it is possible, but, have had no luck getting it to work with JodoHost. I think there end is not setup properly, as I have a small script that works with other hosters, but not here.

Hi, i was wondering if you could help me out a bit then , that you know HSpheres XML API.

i have no knowlege of it.. and reading through the pdf (seen it loads of times and read the same amount).

i was wondering if you had any pages that can show me an example of how to use it. it doesn't matter what language PHP or asp .net

if i can just see an example that would be great. ive beening looking and look at it but can't get anywhere.

the reason i want to use it is to authinticate a uisername/password for a custom script im making. but i can't seem to get it working at.

any help would be loads of help

if you want to email me anything its Aaron [AT] emagine-hosts.com or you can post here.

i hope you can help.. ive been looking into it for the past month or so.. and got about as far as a house jumping. lol

Some guy i know owns a webhosting business and he has an extremely good sign up script the only problem is that don't see each other often and therefore don't talk too much.
I'm positive he didnt make it himself as he isn't so good at coding.

Theres a script coming out at psoft it'll cost 40$. I think thats a good alternative if building it from scrap takes forever.

with thanx to thdrought

we have managed to get the XML API to work..

we have been able to use it to get our domains that are helds in the account, also he has found it so that it works for all features..

we are goping to have a propper chat tomorrow. and see about anything else that maybe an issue but i think we will compile a report on how to use it.

ok,

i have managed to create a script that will authiticate the user details entered using perl

with asp validation

you enter on the asp page.. then using the XML post function i send the username and password to a perl page where it checks the username against the database.

then using the response back to the asp page it then sees if it was successful

if correct it would in therory log you in else it says incorrect

try on the link below.

your username and password will work .. also try a invalid one

<--
i have removed the link because of the statement below / Emagine removed it /

note try this at your own risk, also note i am note capturing any details but if you have any dout please do not try this

actually its best if no one does because of this issue i have just thought on this

yes

using the correct commands, and api functions we are able to read in the form values and then add them to the XML API, and submit to the server who will add the user.

thdrought and I are having a talk tomorrow about creating one...but it is possible..

I would assume than that the file i sent to thdrought would have some use in creating the script? It is an extensive script with all the signup process included.
I'm very interested in a sign up script as it is much more appealing than the H-Sphere wizard.

Let me know if i'm wrong

As for the custom signup script, it is easy to create your own too.

I used Perl to code my custom script a while ago since my domain providers signup was in Perl also. I just added my signup code to thiers and made new pages.

Any technology will work. ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, whatever your choose is. The script you sent me will probably work. I think there is a few bugs in it to fix.

If you need help writing a good script, maybe I can help a little. But, I cannot promise anything.

Tom Drought
http://www.geohosting.de

I would need a lot of help. I just started PHP and I basically know the basic functions: variables, if else. Very very basic.

It is almost impossible for me to write a script from scratch but when I read a script it looks all clear to me. I guess I'm just good at implementing and configuring alreay exsting scripts to suit my needs. That's what I did with my contact and cancellation form.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at an already existing script. Do you have a demo of it working? I'd like to see how you built it.

And about the script I sent you, there are a few glitches but very minor I think.

Dave96 said:
I would need a lot of help. I just started PHP and...
I do not code PHP either.

Dave96 said:
I wouldn't mind taking a look at an already existing script. Do you have a demo of it working? I'd like to see how you built it.
You should work with the script you have. I cannot share my script as it has confidential information in it, and is too much to edit it out. You can see it in action at http://www.geohosting.de/en but your best bet might be to employ a PHP programmer. Sorry I cant be more help in this area. :(

Note that I do not yet have the connection programmed for the HSphere XML API. I just got a sample of it going yesterday and need to start working that into my existing site. I will be able to share a sample of the XML API in action if thats what you want to see, but, without the signup script, it wont do much good. And, its in Perl.

Back