Customizing the Web Mail Interfaces...

Arvida

Guppy
Hello,

I'm new to the forums and this host. Is there a way to customize the design interface of the webmail applications? The look is just so ugly on all of them and it would be nice to be able to totally integrate it with my hosted site.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Arvida

Can you recommend any? I've been looking around, but not having much luck.

Is it possible to at least modify the login screen to integrate it into the site?

Thanks!

Arvida

dwmail is a cheap(less than $40) one that is skinnable and reliable.
There same versions in use here are open source, and you can download and skin/mod them all you want.

I think it would be possible to modify the login pageby copyingthe source and editing it, but making sure you keep the pointers and IPs all the same

I tried doing that with the Squirrelmail login page, however when logging in it gives an error saying that I have to login to view this page. Then if I go back and login again, it lets me through.

So, I would be okay with that as long as the login worked right. If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Stephen said:
dwmail is a cheap(less than $40) one that is skinnable and reliable.
There same versions in use here are open source, and you can download and skin/mod them all you want.

I think it would be possible to modify the login pageby copyingthe source and editing it, but making sure you keep the pointers and IPs all the same

Yes, DWMail looks very nice, the only thing is JodoHost doesn't support PHP IMAP Extensions which is required by DWMail. Check this thread http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=634&highlight=DWMail and the system requirements on http://www.dominion-web.com/products/dwmail/requirements.php

or JodoHost support it now ?( since Stephen recommend DWMail to us. :)

Here is a paste from the phpinfo()

imap
IMAP c-Client Version 2001

So yes, it is supported now.

Wow, that was 2003, hsphere has come a long way, it even does SSL mail now.

on win2, you can create a custom php.ini and uncomment the php_imap.dll entry in it.

I did a custom php.ini

extension=php_imap.dll

But still got IMAP not install, please kindly check it for me. Thank you.

I have enabled it system-wide, so you can remove any custom php.ini

But in the meantime, it may go down(iis and php) for about 2 min, as I saw it needed to be upgraded anyway.

Back