Data Centers - Waco & Florida

Just received the notification that one of the Win servers is moving to the "Wako data center." That was a new one to me...last I knew, there was Florida, Florida, and Florida. Some digging around on the APYL site shows you've set up offices in Waco and that there is, indeed, a (seemingly) new data center in Waco--one built in a refurbed Cold War bunker (and not, presumably, dedicated to Jodo). Aside from that, however, I've found nothing in the forums here (which I check very infrequently) about a Waco data center.

If there was an announcement and I missed it, could someone point me to it? And if there wasn't an announcement, um, could there be? As in, Jodo will have dual data centers? Jodo is moving to Waco and eventually shutting down Florida? And if Waco's around for the long haul, what its specs are so we can, in turn, update our reseller bumpf for our own sales purposes?

Thanks

Charles

Re: Data Centers - Wako & Florida

:)

Yes the Waco datacenter is a new location for us, and it is a private facility where we have an entire suite. We'll be releasing more info soon :)

Jodohost.com has been there over a month now, and other Hyper-V VPS services have been launched here back in Nov but up and in testing since October, so it is something we've been planning a while.

As you saw, we also have offices here now and developing a local market with businesses and our own local staff as well. I am in fact here working in the office now to renovate it a bit. I am quite proud of what we've got going forward and we'll be releasing more info as things go forward.

Thanks for the update, Stephen. I'll look forward to hearing Jodo's future direction WRT data centers....Charles

Back