Database Object owner question

I've recently migrated some sites to Jodo and have seen some inconsistencies in how DBO access is given. For one database, DBO was mapped onto the user that owned the database. Objects in the database were owned by DBO. In another instance, two users were on the database, DBO plus my user which was granted right db_owner. In this case, objects added by my user were marked as being owned by my user.

Which is correct? I wouldn?t worry about this too much except that I like things to be consistent so that when something goes wrong there is one fewer variables in the mix. Additionally, I had uploaded a database with objects owned by the user, not DBO and I was told that I had a ?multiple object ownership? issue.

Personally, I feel more comfortable when the objects are shown to belong to DBO. 8) This feels right to me. In the other method, some object were owned by DBO and others by my user based on how the CREATE TABLE statement was written.

Thoughts?

When we give DBO permissions, we simply put the specified user of your's in the DBO group of your database

There is only one way to do this and that's the way we do it. Whether your table is belonging to DBO or your user, it should make no difference as both have DBO permissions

Back