Database Users

Mark65

Perch
This may be a dumb question but here goes anyway.

I've been a Jodohost user/reseller for several years and have only recently come across this problem because we are changing the CMS we use and I'm not quite sure how to handle it.

If I have multiple databases that all use the same database user as the administrator, then I delete one of those databases, the user gets deleted too. I discovered this by accident when deleting a database for a site we were doing the CMS changeover for and all the other sites went down too because all the sudden there was no valid database user.

What's the easiest way around this? This is for MySQL/Linux .

Thanks.
Mark

Hello Mark,

Actually that happens with me as well once before and as such H-Sphere doesn't provide any option to first unassigned the dbuser and then remove the db so that it won't remove the dbuser as well with the database remove. However, there is a trick which helps me and will help you too . Please follow the below steps :-

1. Go to that MySql database by click on it in control panel and
2. Click on 'Edit user's privillage' and then uncheck all the privileges options there and click on 'Submit' button.
3. After this you may see error that ' Internal Error, Tech Support Was Notified' but at that moment you'll see the dbuser has been disappeared for that database, and then you can remove the database and it won't affect the db user for other databases. Thats it !!

However, if accidentally you had remove the db user and it removes for all database, then after adding the same db user for one database make that dbuser available for all the databases.

Back