Dedicated IP's

jimsau

Perch
How do I create them or make them available to my users? I have a few accounts which will need them and ssl certs as well. I am finding nothing about either of these anywhere.

While your reading this do you have any idea why I cannot use my nameservers either? The registrar for my domain will not accept them to redirect my domain to my account created under my reseller account...... X(

jimsau said:
While your reading this do you have any idea why I cannot use my nameservers either? The registrar for my domain will not accept them to redirect my domain to my account created under my reseller account...... X(

Are they giving you any particular reason? Or what do you mean by not accepting?

To change to a dedicated IP, click CHANGE to Dedicated IP under Domain Settings - Domain Info in the control panel of the domain. From that same screen you can click the Edit button next to Web Service, where you can enable SSL.

It was saying it failed for an unknown reason.

Dedicated Ip's are failing with "There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator"

And I cannot find anywhere to make any changes that would affect it in the reseller account area.

jimsau said:
Dedicated Ip's are failing with "There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator"

Again? Damn, I can't believe how fast JodoHost is chewing up IPs :p
Submit a ticket to support mentioning what you're trying to do and that they're out of IPs. They've probably noticed by now and are requesting new ones, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
Usually takes about a day for them to get them, I think.

SubSpace said:
Again? Damn, I can't believe how fast JodoHost is chewing up IPs :p
Submit a ticket to support mentioning what you're trying to do and that they're out of IPs. They've probably noticed by now and are requesting new ones, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.
Usually takes about a day for them to get them, I think.

This would probably work too except they seem to have stopped receiving and answering emails as well.

jimsau, I believe your ticket was answered anout 12 hours ago. Have you still not received an email from the ticket system?

Also, I appologize for this shortage once again. This is related to the difficulty we are having justifying IP addresses to our ISP under ARIN policies. We should get an IP assignment within the next few hours. We will also be putting up a new IP justification system for our customers so we can avoid this in the future

Yash said:
jimsau, I believe your ticket was answered anout 12 hours ago. Have you still not received an email from the ticket system?

Also, I appologize for this shortage once again. This is related to the difficulty we are having justifying IP addresses to our ISP under ARIN policies. We should get an IP assignment within the next few hours. We will also be putting up a new IP justification system for our customers so we can avoid this in the future

I haven't been receiving replies or in the last few e-mails even the usual confirmations.

In one instance I noticed an issue with my other domain name was resolved but hadn't received any related response

I still couldn't as of a while ago even get my domains to transfer as of yet.

There were about 4 e-mails not responded to.

?(

I need the dedicated for a few SSL certs I need for a few sites. I still have yet to figure out how to get them installed but I figured I should get the Dedicated IP thing fixed first.

Some of the issues I was/am having were why I was inable to get much of anything to work correctly with my nameservers. I set up a few accounts under my reseller account and never received any mails from them. That kept me from knowing what the control panel links to them were and more.

Part of it is just trying to figure out how to run the program correctly and when parts of it fail I don't know if I screwed up or misunderstood something or what. ?(

it doesn't appear email notification is working for you then. Instead submit your tickets from the reseller CP

Login from: cp.m****here.biz:8080
As soon as you get in, click on Support Center. Do notlogin to the administrative account. From there, you can submit tickets and monitor responses.

I hope you have followed http://www.jodohost.com/stepbystep.asp?

To get Shared SSL to work,visit E.Manager > Shared SSL manager. From there, turn on SSL for *.m****here.biz. You can then include Shared SSL with the plans you made

I need to add actual ssl certs not shared certs to these accounts. The shared certs I have had experience with were not liked or trusted by customers. When I switched to the shared the address was no longer under our domain. For one in particular we puchased an ssl and had it installed to keep the https under our own domain name.

I assume these do the same? I need the https section to remain under our domain name.

I have read it but some things were still not covered real well.

Firstly, ensure the SSL module is enabled on the concerned plans.

You should then see a SSL button when you go to Web Settings for a particular domain. Click on that button to enabled SSL. You'd then be given an option to enter your Private Key and certificate or generate a new key and CSR

This however won't be possible till we get the IPs for this server. We are working to get them ASAP

ok, thats what I need for one site real soon then is the dedicated IP. I need them over here on this server before the 1st. Our last host was down more than up and slower than anything.

Does your shared ssl also work off of a specific directory or is it somehow shared from within our own sites?

We got the IPs, they should be available in 10min on the servers

No, shared SSL will work off your directory. Hsphere creates a Shared sSL alias for you.

great, i see IPs are now available.
but now i'm getting an error - no shared error:

No shared SSL available in the system

:(

whats happening? everytime i think i'm back on the road, something gets me stalled again

(PS: yes, i have checked and shared ssl is included in the plan!)

thanks...

To enable Shared SSL, go to E.Manager > Shared SSL manager and turn on Shared SSL for *.m****here.biz

Yash said:
To enable Shared SSL, go to E.Manager > Shared SSL manager and turn on Shared SSL for *.m****here.biz

ah.... we're back on the road again. Thanks Yash.

btw - do i need to turn it on for my own DNS zones too? or just what you mentioned?

Back