Default Documents

twoolums

Perch
Is there a way to setup default documents for sites? This morning was having troubles because I needed index.html and index.php as default documents and ended up having to have support help. I don't want to waste their time with something so little that the cp should be able to do. I messed with the Directory Indexes but it only applies to the root folder not other folders according to support.

Thanks

"Directory Indexes" applies to the entire domain as far as I can tell. All my subfolders find their default web page file just fine.

Wierd wouldn't take for me when I had "index.html index.php" listed in that area. Support had to do something don't know what but it works.

I have this problem too - even with ASP and ASP.NET switched off, and PHP switched on, index.php isn't seen as the default front page.

I came on to try and find an answer, but looks like I need to contact support.

I've found the problem on all my servers, but this one in particular is on win13.

I've seen in other topics that you need to enable Directory Indexes, which I've done, but no option (which they say should appear) shows up to allow me to add index.php etc.

It might just be me missing something obvious, but I'm in the LiveChat Support queue now...

Doh! It was something I had missed - I hadn't enabled it when I created the plan that my client was on. Oops!

Back