Definition of thick!!

webtech

Perch
It seems it must be me :(

I desperately need to transfer my sites from my old hosting company (unitedhosting) to here, and really desperately need to move one in particular that is an oscommerce site. This one is urgent. But can I understand how to do it???? No!!!

I've just read the setting up tutorial again and I still have no idea. I've had my account at jodo now for about 18 months and never used it. I'm used to Ensim where you just log in to your reseller area, click on add site, fill the details in and hey presto, the site is up and running and you can ftp the files to it. I just cant find out where to do this on h-sphere.

I followed the setting up tutorial over a year ago and managed to set up my service account but it all seems to be getting too complicated. All I want to do is host different websites under different domain names. I dont need payment plans and I'm not even sure whether I need windows or unix?!?!

I'm not sure whether I should be adding an account in the reseller area or going to the admin (service account) area and adding it there. Can anyone help??? Is there a step by step guide for thick people like me who just want the simple hosting option???

Thanks in advance ?(

Just trying to take a stab at this I've logged in to my administrative account and then clicked on add account in the hope that I might be getting a bit closer to setting up a website, BUT I now have to choose between an administrative account and a service account?????????

I think I'll read a book on quantum physics!!!! :)

If I am not selling reseller accounts, do I add all my domain names for my customers from the administrative account??? ;)

Anyone know what this means

E R R O R ! ! !
Signup failed. Please email the error message to our administrator at the following address: [email protected]

And this

Failed to create Account
The previous user creation request is in process. Please wait until it completes

This happened when I went into my administrative account and tried to add a service account..............I'm guessing its another admin account I need to set up to add a website then????

Anyone??? :)

Oh dear........since I couldn't create a service account I tried an admin account but that didn't ask me for a domain name so I'm guessing it was the service account option and there is an error somewhere at server end.

I'm now left with 2 admin accounts not knowing which is the original....................does anyone know how to tell and then remove one??? :)

Hello,

Why don't you join our live chat and have a sales rep walk you through this? I think you are making it a bit harder than it really is in your rush to get it going. it is NOt the most simple task, but its not quantum physics :)

Hi Stephen

You are probably right, I am panicking a bit (did I say a bit??),
I thought I might just manage it given I've been at it all afternoon but I'll give it a try....thanks :)

Now where's that physics book????

Back