Disk Space

Does JodoHost have any plans on increasing the amount of disk space available for end-user and reseller accounts.

I currently use another hosting company and you are comparable in price in almost every area, except when it comes to disk space.

It is not uncommon to see other web hosting companies with entry level plans starting at $10.00 and offering 2-5 gigs of disk space. As a reseller with JodoHost it is impossible to offer something similar or if I did I could potentially only have 3 accounts on the Platinum Hosting plan.

We have substantial base of shared hosting customers. This indicates that shared customer are satisfied with price and features that JodoHost offers.

We recommand making plans similar to JodoHost shared plans. We sell 200 MB for $ 6.95. In LiteHost Plan, where you pay $ 17.50 per month you can have about 7 such customers paying you a total of $ 48.65 per month. Also you can make more by overselling.

In addition, you can sell Cold Fusion, Oracle space and anti spam/anti virus features at premium.

JonnyGabble said:
It is not uncommon to see other web hosting companies with entry level plans starting at $10.00 and offering 2-5 gigs of disk space. As a reseller with JodoHost it is impossible to offer something similar or if I did I could potentially only have 3 accounts on the Platinum Hosting plan.

Most of these hosting companies are able to achieve this by overselling to ridiciulous limits. You can oversell on our plans as well but I'd recommend you do that to only reasonable limits.

The hosting market is huge. There are lot of hosting companies charging much more than us for 200MB of disk space and doing very good business. It depends on who you target and how you sell your hosting product. Many hosts who offer so much of disk space and bandwidth close down within a year finding their business model unviable

Plus, we offer MSSQL, Oracle, ColdFusion, anonymous support and much more which other companies do not provide

may i add, that

have overselling, attract spamers and virus attaction.

and most users don't/wont even use the limits that are set by jodo plan specs. (not saying jodo clients dont but in general).

as yash said it depends who your targeting. also warez sites would look at hosting on the servers if yu have big ammounts.

i'm happy with the limits. as also said we are able to provide features that lots of hosts chrage ?15 a month for.

i know a host that charges ?15 for 150 meg of disk space on a SQL server.

and another ?25 for every additional 150 meg.

Back