Diskspace to transfer ratios

Hi,

I noticed your retail windows/linux hosting plans have a disk space to transfer ratio of 1:25 (1G disk space received 25G transfer).

Is there any chance the reseller accounts will change from their current 1:12 ratio to a 1:25, so that the 2.5G disk space will receive 62.5G (or say 60G) transfer rather than the current 30G?

B

The difference is that reseller bandwidth is based on actual usage not allocation

If I were a reseller, I wouldn't hesistate in overselling montly transfer by 7 or 8 times...

We do not expect our windows/linux customers to use the entire monthly transfer allocation. Infact, most of our customers use less than 5%

He is right!!! I just need more accounts!!! lol... I have 10% of my clients sites migrated over so far... havent even come close to running out of disk space or BW... Altho I am almost out of user accounts :( instead of a better ratio I'd go for a user increase... Woot8)

Hsphere licensing is expensive..

ValueHost comes with 15 free user accounts. That means we pay 15 * 4.50 or almost $70 to PSOFT as licensing fees for the accounts you get. That means it takes us 2 months to make any profits initially after you signup

Getting additional licenses is pretty affordable with us at $0.50/license per month considering you probably charge your customer $10 to $20 per month for each account.

HSPHERE/CUSTOMER ACCOUNTS
Interesting stuff on the number of HSPHERE accounts. A couple of questions:

1. How do we request more?
2. Can we order them one at a time or in groups (5,10,25 etc)3. Are we billed just 50c for each additional HSPERE account past the 15 for a value reseller?

OVERSELLING DISK SPACE & DISK TRANSFER ALLOCATIONS

In regards to 'overselling accounts' is this indeed possible as a reseller? If so how would this work?

Is it possible, as a $35pm value reseller, to allocate say 5G of diskspace to all your clients and 60G of transfer but, as long as the combined ACTUAL disk space usage is only 2.5G or less and the combined disk transfer usage is only 30G or less, only be billed $35 as per our allocated actual storage/transfer allowances?

B

You cannot request more accounts. As you active new accounts over the limit, you are automatically billed $0.50/month for each of them

And yes, you can oversell disk space and monthly transfer. This is one of the main features of our reseller plans.

You will be billed for the actual total usage and not the amount your allocate. You can easily sell disk space and monthly transfer 6 or 7 times over the limit

Back