DNN: "File Manager Not Available"

Bliss

Perch
DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\". ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\". at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) at DotNetNuke.SkinController.UploadSkin(String RootPath, String SkinRoot, String SkinName, Stream objInputStream) at DotNetNuke.WebUpload.cmdUpload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Whenever I try to upload a file, this error is returned. However, I'm relatively sure all my settings are correct. Can anyone help? (I am very new at ASP.NET and mostly work with ASP)

I'm having the exact issue. I've already had support reset ASPNET premission on the DNN folder. I don't know what's going on.

I had the exact same issue before, it took a while to figure out what the problem was. It seems that there is a configuration issue with impersonation in ASP.NET. What you'll need to do is the force impersonation to false in your web.config file.

dnnportal said:
I had the exact same issue before, it took a while to figure out what the problem was. It seems that there is a configuration issue with impersonation in ASP.NET. What you'll need to do is the force impersonation to false in your web.config file.

I made that change in the web.config file and it still failed. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion. However, after fixing this problem, I noticed that many modules that are supposed to be available in 2.1.2, such as the Users Online module, are not available, although their respective folders have been uploaded. Does anyone have a fix to this?

Hey folks, I really need help. I'm still unable to upload any modules. I made the change to "identity impersonate" in the web.config to "true" and it still has not resolved the issue. Here is the error message I receive each time I try to upload a module.

Code:
Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\". at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) at DotNetNuke.Installer.PaDnnInstallerBase.CreateModuleFile(PaFile File, PaFolder Folder) at DotNetNuke.Installer.PaDnnInstallerBase.CreateFiles(PaFolder Folder) at DotNetNuke.Installer.PaDnnInstallerBase.Install(PaFolderCollection folders) at DotNetNuke.Installer.PaInstaller.Install()

bliss, useronline is not installed by default. You'll need to manually install it. I think the PA is included with DNN distribution

dnnportal said:
Lengen92, paste in the impersonation section of your web.config so I can take a look at it

my mistake, I first had it like this

<!--
<identity impersonate="false"/>
<authentication mode="Windows">
</authentication>
-->

I then removed the "<!-- and -->" but now the site won't even come up.

Got it to work :D

I uncommented the wrong section...it should look like this

<identity impersonate="false"/>
<!--
<authentication mode="Windows">
</authentication>
-->

This thread was a lifesaver! I have been working with Jodohost support for days trying to figure this one out. Thanks for the help!

I'm happy that we got this to work, but the questions is why do we have to make this change in the web.config? I've been all over the forums at ASP.NET for DotNetNuke and no one has ever mentioned making this change. Is this something specific to the way JodoHost has configured their servers?

I'm not sure. I have had dnn working for about a year now. Just regular updates for the most part, but recently I tried to add a new portal...no go. I think something might have happened when I was migrated from win1. My friend on win2 hasn't changed his web.config except for the db connection string and he has no problems (dnn 2.0.4).

I think this is got do do with HSphere settings.

In my previous hosts, they used older version of HSphere, and I had no problems

It very well could be this new hsphere 2.4 it ahs a few isapi plugins that can be quirky, glad you are figuring it out, as I tried several things ont he server side thinking it might be that, but never found any issue.

I never expected it to be the identity in the web.config, may I ask who found that first? :)

This is very strange. For some reason, when I set impersonation to false, it did not work. However, when I switched up the order of the code, it worked. Thanks.

Back