DNN hosting

pehu

Perch
Hi!

This is a message and question for you guys who?s having a reseller account here at Jodohos and are hosting DNN sites for your clients. I suppose there are some of you doing that. (Just saw a post where someone told he hosts about 100 sites!)

How do you host those sites, are you hosting each DNN on it?s own instance of installation, or do you use the multiple portal feature in DNN?

I?m planning to host a lot of DNN sites for different clients, but are really not sure which way to choose. I see advantages and disadvantages in both.

What is your opinion about this and what?s your experience? Is there any special problem you have runned into. I would be happy for all advices.

Regards Petri

Hello,

You should be able to get input from both sides, as I know some are using the multiple portal method, and some are using seperate installs.

Hello Petri,

I am hosting several DNN 2.1.2 sites here. I host both ways depending on the client.
There are pros and cons for each method. Best advice I can give is keep the seperate installs of DNN to a minimum. It can be a real pain keeping a bunch of third party modules current in multiple seperate installs.

I have found that most of my clients dont even need Admin access to their portal. I simply add them to a role like "site owner" then give them edit permissions on just the module / page instances that they need.

my 2 cents :)
Robert

Back