Dns Problems

relisol

Perch
Infact your domain registar is sometimes returning the old IP, sometimes the new IP for ns1.

Cotnact your domain registar, it is squarly an issue with them. They control what IPs the world sees for your ns1 and ns2 nameservers

If you have configured it to use ns and ns2.m****here.biz instead, it should be showing up in DNSStuff..

DNSStuff shows you are using ns1 and ns2.relisol.net. And it seems ns2 is pointing to the wrong IP causing this issue

This is purely an issue with your domain registar. Ask them why your domain is not pointing to m****here.biz when you instructed it to. Ask them why its showing the old IP when you instructed it too

infact the issue is purely because ns2.relisol.net is pointing to the wrong IP. Because of this your site is acccessible from some locations while inaccessible from others

I can access your site perfectly as well as alot of people. But you may not be seeing it properly because your ISP is using ns2 and ns2 is pointing to the wrong IP. Please update it to the correct IP in your registrar

Yash said:
If you have configured it to use ns and ns2.m****here.biz instead, it should be showing up in DNSStuff..

DNSStuff shows you are using ns1 and ns2.relisol.net. And it seems ns2 is pointing to the wrong IP causing this issue

This is purely an issue with your domain registar. Ask them why your domain is not pointing to m****here.biz when you instructed it to. Ask them why its showing the old IP when you instructed it too

All my domains use ns1/ns2.relisol.net, relisol.net is configured in the registrar to use ns/ns2.m****here.biz

dnsstuff is one of the few lucky isps that have the correct records, there's plenty of DNS tests around and the only one that got the right records is dnsstuff, can you get anotherone that does?

uznetworkz.com had over 50 active members at all times and since june 5 noone has been able to access it.

You are not trying to understand. See this:
http://dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=relisol.net&type=A

Our DNS servers are returning the correct IP for your nameservers. See the DNS table (last two rows). It is nothing from our end.

You have however created ns1 and ns2 with your domain registar. And have not updated ns2 to the latest IP...

Just ask your registrar why ns2.relisol.net is pointing to the wrong IP. Give them your new IP... And once they correct it, all your sites will start working.

It just seems you are here to prove us wrong rather than try fixing your issue

Yash said:
infact the issue is purely because ns2.relisol.net is pointing to the wrong IP. Because of this your site is acccessible from some locations while inaccessible from others

I can access your site perfectly as well as alot of people. But you may not be seeing it properly because your ISP is using ns2 and ns2 is pointing to the wrong IP. Please update it to the correct IP in your registrar
In fact, the IP for NS1 is also incorrect. I'm not sure where dnsstuff gets the right IP from:

> xml.rebellionmusic.com.
Server: a.gtld-servers.net
Address: 192.5.6.30

Name: xml.rebellionmusic.com
Served by:
- ns1.relisol.net
rebellionmusic.com
- ns2.relisol.net
rebellionmusic.com

Relisol, you really need to update the "glue" IP information for rebellionmusic.com's nameservers. If you did that, you need to contact GoDaddy.com and ask them why your changes aren't propagating (happened to me once at dotearth.com).

I've attached a screenshot of my regristrar configuration, as you can see they point to ns.mhsphere.biz and ns1.m****here.biz

I don't see a screenshot, but it's possible. But then you need to contact godaddy.com and get them to fix it.
Like I said, it's been known to happen that changes you make at your registrar don't propagate to the root servers. That makes it an issue with your registrar.

It won't let me post the attachment (it looks like it's posted but it doesn't show), I did talked to godaddy twice already, they told me to contact the host.

relisol said:
It won't let me post the attachment (it looks like it's posted but it doesn't show), I did talked to godaddy twice already, they told me to contact the host.
Then I suggest you talk to someone at godaddy that has at least a little clue on what he's talking about :O

I talked to some supervisor at godaddy earlier and they said they will get back at me, if it's not jodohost's fault then I apologize but all this time until now all you guys are telling me that my sites are fine when they're not.

I think only dnsstuff has the right records because you guys use dnsstuff routinely so the records must be cached on their name servers since before the problem began. Even before I started this thread I showed the links to the other test to Tamnaya and all s/he said is "your site is fine http://dnsstuff.com/tools/lookup.ch?name=xml.rebellionmusic.com&type=A", I said "so because it's fine for dnstuff the rest doesn't matter?", then s/he said "yes", that is when I got upset.

Similarly the other morning when my site went down I now realize that Deeppak wasn't getting the same error as I was, I was getting a "Server could not be found or DNS error" and he was looking at the default page on the site (which is not used and don't have it's codebehind dll, but I wasn't even able to access that), even after I told him I was getting a server could not be found error he just kept insisting that it was a code problem without telling me that he's seeing something else, so I get upset cause as far as I know he's telling me that the "Server could not be found" is a code problem!

So the main problem here is communication cause if tells me that he's not getting the same error as I am then we would have made a lot of progress in figuring out what was wrong which I'm pretty sure now was the following:

I got an ASP.NET webservice to handle large file uploads and was working on a client application to upload the files, I had to write the upload client from scartch using socks cause it's the best way to have an accurate progress bar. I got it working on my server but your server handles http requests a bit different (since it's iis6 vs 5.1) so went I tested it on the your server the request hung during the handshake, I tried a second time and the same happens, then I checked it on the browser and I got a server could not be found since iis only allows two connections to the same host from 1 ip address and the other two where still waiting for the handshake to complete and since it needs to handle large file uploads it won't timeout in about an hour. I have taken steps to prevent that from happening again, but at the moment the service needed to be rebooted in order to kill those connections.

Back