DNS Questions

Wayhome

Guppy
I recently signed up with jodohost and set up my DNS servers and aliases. However, my mail servers report mail.myshere.biz instead of mail.mydomain.com in any TCP/IP traffic reports. In addition, dnsreport.com says that my "Stealth nameservers are leaked" and shows ns<x>.m****here.biz entries in several failed Tests. Finally, when server error messages appear, they usually referenece myshere.biz instead of mydomain.com.

Is it possible to set things up so that only mydomain.com appears in all these instances? If nothing else, I'd like the mail servers to always show mail.mydomain.com as they did with my previous host.

What do I need to do?

Wayhome,

The mail servers can only have one reverse entry, and it replies with that generic one.

Not sure what you mean. Your DNS zone would have mail.yourdomain.com as the MX record for any domain with the mail server's IP

But yes, when you do an extended DNSreport, it says that mail.m****here.biz claims to be mail.yourdomain.com. You have nothing to be concerned about that
And yes, returned emails come from mail.m****here.biz, you have nothing to be concerned about that

mail.m****here.biz is the domain qmail is set with and it isn't possible to have it use different domains for different resellers. That is why we have chosen the least obvious name with no link to us.

Back