Domain billing issues

There is something seriously wrong with Jodohost's domain name registration/billing process. I tried to renew a domain today for 2 years using Paypal. Transaction went through without a hitch (I thought) as I received confirmation from Jodohost and Paypal that payment was made and received.

I then had to make some nameserver changes for that domain. But the domain control panel has things locked up as if they are waiting for the payment to process. I can't make any changes, and no one currently on staff can do anything about it. I've contacted Live Support and emailed billing, all to no avail. I have yet to receive a reply from my email to "billing", sent over 4 hours ago. I am forced to wait several hours until the next shift when Atul is available. This is unacceptable. My domain never expired, so even if the renewal payment was still pending the domain should not be locked out.

Obviously Jodohost cannot support their domain registration service appropriately. I've registered domains with several other registrars over the years, and had to make name server or other changes, and never did I have to wait for a certain person to be on duty to allow the changes to go through. It's always been automated and efficient, usually taking effect in a minute or two. Having to wait hours for a name server change is ridiculous.

I'm just glad I've never moved the rest of my domains (approx. 55-60) over to Jodohost from a more capable domain service.

The problem is not that it is in waiting for domain payment, as the domain is not expired.

Only an expired domain would be locked until payment comes in, I understand you are not happy and we do not have the staff for domain billing at the moment that can assist you, but we do have our normal billing staff in, and they are being trained in all regards, but at this time do not have access to the domain billing side.

There will be someone that can assist you in about 2 hours time, but it may take longer than that as the issue seems to be at directi, not with your payment or our processing of it.

As I said, something is wrong with the billing process. Since I paid using an instant payment method (Paypal with credit card), and received confirmation of payment being received, I don't feel I'm being unreasonable to expect the control panel to recognize that payment. It has no trouble providing me with a receipt for the transaction - can go to the domain control panel right now and print one off. However, go to another section and it acts like it has not received the payment.

Whether the issue is with Directi or with Jodohost's implementation of their service, it is still disappointing and frustrating to have what should be a simple process dragged out for hours.

It is also disappointing to know your regular billing staff is on duty, yet none of them are capable or willing to send me an email acknowledging that they know of my problem and will work on it when someone who can help comes along. Someting of that nature within the first hour or two may have eased my frustration. At least then I'd have known someone was aware of the issue.

The billing staff that is in, is the same one that you spoke with on livechat, we try to make billing as available as possible, but it is not always 24x7, most billing issues now are, but domains are a different system and not always 24x7 for billing there.

Back