Domain name registration in reseller

aliweb

Perch
Hello,

I am planning to buy a reseller plan and I have following questions regarding domain registration. Actually I want to give domain registration option separately in my website just like you see on the homepage of JodoHost.

1. Do I need to purchase a separate domain reseller account from another provider or if I just purchase the JodoHost reseller I will get it?

2. Is the domain registration included in HSphere control panel? Let's say if a client comes for signup of one of my hosting package so during signup will he be able to register a .com/.net/.org domain or do I need separate domain reseller account?

3. Can you please suggest a WHOIS API which I can use in my website to display WHOIS info. I mean some provider who is giving API to display WHOIS information.

1. Yes, you have to signup as a reseller at http://domain.jodohost.com/. Registration is free.

2. No, Domain registration is not integerated in Hsphere. Both are separate services.

3. whois tool is provided in each domain reseller account.

Hmm...that means I will have my own nameservers and if some client comes and registers a domain the WHOIS information will show that my company is the domain registrar?

Ok I signed up for domain reselling program today and am a little confused as to how do I set the top level domain.
Let's say my company's domain is www.abc.com and this is my top-level domain and when a customer comes to my site to resigter a domain, its WHOIS information will show that this domain has been registered via www.abc.com.
How can I set the top-level domain in domain control panel? Do I need to register this domain separately or there is a way let's say a link in control panel where it says "Set top level domain" ?
If I purchase the top level domain from some other provider with my own name servers will I be able to integrate it with the jodohost domain reselling control panel?

Let's say my company's domain is www.abc.com and this is my top-level domain and when a customer comes to my site to resigter a domain, its WHOIS information will show that this domain has been registered via www.abc.com

>>Correct.

How can I set the top-level domain in domain control panel? Do I need to register this domain separately or there is a way let's say a link in control panel where it says "Set top level domain" ?

>>When you signup as a Reseller with JodoHost, you are automatically signed up for all TLDs offered by JodoHost.

If I purchase the top level domain from some other provider with my own name servers will I be able to integrate it with the jodohost domain reselling control panel?

>> Yes, JodoHost allows you to integrate the essential Storefront features with your website, enabling your Customers and Sub-resellers to access all your products and services via your website.

May be I didn't put my question properly. Here is what I need

I want to start reselling JodoHost hosting and domain services. My company name is ABC Host and the domain will be www.abc.com. I have not registered this domain yet.

What steps shall I take to ensure that when I register this domain www.abc.com the WHOIS information will show ABC Host (my company) as the registrar? Not only that but the WHOIS information of my clients to whom I will sell domains should also show ABC Host as registrar.

What will be the steps in proper order?

I am not concerned as to how to set prices and set up control panel e.t.c. and the only issue at hand is to ensure that if I register this domain www.abc.com then the WHOIS information will show ABC Host as the registrar. And also when I sell domains to clients, their WHOIS information will show my company ABC Host as registrar.

Back