Domain Reselling

OJM

Perch
I'm just jumping into domain reselling (through JodoHost), and wondered if anyone could advise if I can add a manual payment gateway?

For example, I want customers to be able to pay by cheque or cash. However, obviously I still want them to receive a notification when they're domain is going to expire, and for them to send another cheque / cash.

Is this possible?

Also, do I have to add money to my domain reselling, before I can sell domains? So basically I put money up front, then when a client buys a domain, their money goes to me, and my money (sitting with Jodo) is used to pay for it?

yes it uses a prepay, even we have to have funds in the account for our part :)

I dont know the full details of the billing side of it, I will make sur ethe sales dept know about this and can answer.

Thanks Stephen!

I understand you can add a generic gateway, but this requires a URL to work.

Domain reseller account, by default use Payment collection method by check. That means you have to credit customer account manually, if you donot use any automatic payment mode to collect domain payments.

Also, Provider and Reseller both should have Advance funds in their control panels, which can be use to register / renew domains, instantly.

By default directi system keep sending notification to the customers registered under reseller's, whenever, the renewal of the domain is due.

However, i advice you to check the following DirectI reseller Guide

Thanks Gurmeet!

So if I just want to use the payment by check / cheque method, I just don't add a gateway?

You are right.

If you want to accept payment by Check then you donot have to setup any payment gateway.

You can handle manual Credit.

Back