Domains disappearing in CP domain list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had a problem with newly added domains and dns entries vanishing in the cp after logging out?

this includes the entry in the email manager.

the website is still accessible by http and ftp, but does not show up in any part of the account in the cp.

perhaps it is because of IP migration?

submitted a ticket yesterday but no one could find the domains in hsphere even though they are accepting email and ftp/http requests.

can't get onto cerberus so kinda stuck here. tempted to delete the domains and re-set them but i already had about 8 emails set up for client for the domain (UGH) plus the CP is down... wow real problem here... at least the server's still up!

24 hours ago, the database was restored from backup that was several hours ago. It was announced here as well That could have explained your issue.

We very rarely restore a cp database unless there is some major issue with it

thanks for the fast reply!

I will just delete and re-install the domains once the CP is available again, hopefully there wont be any "domain already exists" errors (i doubt there will be).

I just want people to know this simple fact:

Jodohost seems to have alot of downtime compared to other hosts, but when you think about it, most of it is attributable to keeping servers and software in peak, updated shape -- most other hosting services run VERY outdated server software and any new additions must be paid for accordingly - jodohost provides these as a service to customers, as well as support for problems from the users' usage of hosting services - most other hosts eithe charge or explicitly deny support for issues resulting out of customer "user error" such as in 3rd party scripts and packages (i.e. DotNetNuke).
Personally, if that's the price we must pay, so be it, nothing is perfect and well, you have to break a few eggs to make an ommelette.

There's my testimonial, it can be edited to not sound so negative, but i'm quite happy with the service and support 99.95% of the time haha

--- hope you guys have a good restful weekend/week after all of this is over!

I second that. In fact, JH's downtime has be reduced dramatically. The last major downtime i can recall was the mail servers dying out a few months back. Other than that, there was only a few minor outages which I slept thru to even realize :O

Way to go Jodo, still waiting for my CP to come online. Thanks.

SenseiSimpleton said:
Jodohost seems to have alot of downtime compared to other hosts, but when you think about it, most of it is attributable to keeping servers and software in peak, updated shape.

I disagree, all hosts I know of, even the most mediocre ones keep their up-to-date. My opinion is that the staff is not properly qualified or just don't have much real-life experience. Things that usually take a few minutes can take hours or days at JodoHost. An example could be the helpdesk being down right now, it's producing a 404 error (Page not found) and according to them the config file got removed which is impossible cause the folder housing the helpdesk is not even there, if that was right the helpdesk would try to run and produce a script error when it's unable to find the config file. So I tried to help out and told them what's wrong but they insist it's the config file missing, yet they haven't been able to fix it.

The config file is a text file with 15 constant and the only thing that needs to be edited on it is the db connectionstring and application paths.

That's the cons about JodoHost, the pros as you said is that they do offer a lot more than other hosts, specially their reseller plans are the best. But how good is that, if I where to actually resell their plans righ now I would have to make something up to tell my customers cause I know what's wrong but JodoHost doesn't. The helpdesk is down, it can be fixed in a few minutes, but they don't know how and won't even listen so they been looking at their 15 lines file right now for about 5 hours and still can't figure out what's wrong.

relisol said:
An example could be the helpdesk being down right now, it's producing a 404 error (Page not found) and according to them the config file got removed which is impossible cause the folder housing the helpdesk is not even there, if that was right the helpdesk would try to run and produce a script error when it's unable to find the config file.

oh comeone, I know what I am saying. the helpdesk is down because of missing configs on that server. It will be fixed shortly.

This IP migration as entailed almost no downtime so far, except for Win6. We have a very good uptime record on our servers

Yash said:
oh comeone, I know what I am saying. the helpdesk is down because of missing configs on that server. It will be fixed shortly.

This IP migration as entailed almost no downtime so far, except for Win6. We have a very good uptime record on our servers

come'on... you know that should i've been done a long time ago... i think this would be the best host around if you can only keep everything up, that's the only reason i stress it so much...

<edit> thanks a lot for taking care of it!

relisol said:
come'on... you know that should i've been done a long time ago... i think this would be the best host around if you can only keep everything up, that's the only reason i stress it so much...

<edit> thanks a lot for taking care of it!

Oh come on, stick to own thread dude.

LOL, i'm gonna find each thread you message and bug you dude!!! I lived thru mail servers being down for 2 days w/ my hotmail and gmail being bombarded w/ "mail server down?" emails.

In my opinion, things like your helpdesk being down, IF you're trying to run a tight hosting program (as a reseller) shouldnt even be an issue to your end user, nor the control panel being down. HSphere offers an XML API so you can create your own implementation of the services, including mail and domain control and more (true this doesnt help if the control panel is down but they kept it at a minimum). If you pay for the pass-through customer support, i'm sure jodohost would be willing to give you SLA credit for the downtime of that service - otherwise, you really should have more than one option for your own customers to contact you for support other than just JH's support team.

One thing to note is that not many staff at other hosts take the level of personal commitment so seriously as these folks so much even to personally see to it that all of the scheduled changes are done correctly - according to one of murphy's laws, there is always the possibility that something might go wrong even during a simple scheduled maintenance -- if you're dealing with the machines, there is never a 100% guarantee that everything will always be perfect - happens to the best, unless of course they dont maintain anything (as i said running outdated software and hardware).

The best thing about jodohost is that they actually encourage and help you become a seamless reseller, in the sense that they offer any advice or help you need to set yourself up so that in all practical forms, you look to be your own physical web host. I've been with many MANY hosts for the past 8 years and all i've gathered at this point is that most other hosts try to "nickel and dime" you for every little bit of support that is not attributed to actual hosting problems. Jodohost is not really responsible for debugging customer's scripts or isolating problems beyond simply disabling the offending account in the event of a problem script - yet they do and fairly dont cancel accounts because of these problems (even though it is in their power according to the end user agreement). Personally i feel all of this freedom and very low prices are worth the occasional minor inconveniences, as long as it means progress such as software and hardware upgrades, updates and increased security and future reliability.

that's just my 2 cents on the matter.

Well honestly.. we have major outages very rarely, at least this year.

Except for a few issues on Win6, the ip migration went flawlessly. Yes, the helpdek was down for a while but that was 2nd priority to us compared to customer sites. You could still use the forum, chat with us, email us or phone us when the helpdesk was down.

We are maintaining well above 99.9% uptime this month except for win6.

We use quality hardware, hire quality people and follow good business practises. That's all I'd like to say :)

Yash said:
...You could still use the forum... :)
Well, will you guys please fix the link to the forums on the jodohost.com site? It doesn't take you to the forums anymore. I had to reset all my shortcuts yesterday because they were all pointing to support.jodohost.com, which used to go to the forums, but now goes to the Web Utilities page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back