DotNetNuke 2.1.2 & Email

rfinsel

Guppy
Hello,

I host multiple child portals via a single install of DNN2.1.2.
I setup my portal customer's domains as aliases of my primary domain and dnn handles the rest. All fine and good right?
Wrong
I need to setup email accounts for my portal customers using their domain. Since their domains are just aliases that point to my primary domain I am unable to create email accounts using their domain name.

Things I have tried:
In HSphere I made a mail domain alias for each customer's domain. I thought that by doing so my clients would be able to access their email via "mail.clientdoman.com"
Apparently I misunderstood the purpose of mail domain aliases because this does not work.

I dont know if it's possible but seems to me I there should be a way to setup custom dns records to accomplish this.

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be very welcome. Otherwise I will be forced to host every portal in a seperate install of dnn :(

Thanx

In properties of the domain alias, enable "Mail Service" and disable "Mail domain alias" (if already enabled). This will provide seperate mail service for domain aliases.

Back