DotNetNuke (DNN) Auto-Installs

timruns

Perch
I am a reseller, and my partners and I specialize in building DotNetNuke websites. The Jodo staff is greating at setting permissions on their end, but is seems to me there is a lot of wasted activity.

1. I have to upload a DNN zip for every client (and redownload new versions from DNN)
2. I have to modify web.config for each client
3. I have to create DBs et al for every client
4. I have to submit a ticket for each client for permissions
5. Jodo has to set all permissions, IIS options for each install

Many hosting companies have scripts which do that for you -- when you create the account, you specify the version of DNN you want, answer basic questions, and it builds it for you -- everything is automated.

I would imagine a setup, such as this, would be very beneficial to both us resellers AND Jodo support staff.

IS there a reason we don't have an automated DNN install script?
Are other resellers needing/wanting this?

Thanks,
Tim

IS there a reason we don't have an automated DNN install script?
Yes no support and not planned support for it bypsoft :(

Are other resellers needing/wanting this?

WE WANT IT! :) Yes there is demand I am sure.

I am a reseller, and my partners and I specialize in building DotNetNuke websites. The Jodo staff is greating at setting permissions on their end, but is seems to me there is a lot of wasted activity.

Tim, have you used the latest 4.4 or 4.4.1 yet on Jodo?

If so what is your take on it.

Thanks

I have a couple clients on 4.4.0 -- no problems in setup or early use. Neither site is doing much yet, waiting on the client for content, so I can't really attest to robustness yet.

I think one of my partners just put up a 4.4.1 site and I did not hear of any problems with it...

I hope this helps.
Tim

Back