DotNetNuke Install issues on win26

timruns

Perch
Not sure what the difference, since I install lots of DotnetNuke instances for clients, but this one is being a booger.
It is my firs DNN on Win26 and since HShere 3 was implemented...
For Jodo's interest, ticket# is IZB-53225-194

the url is intouchparenting.com

I get the standard asp error which tells me to turn off CustomErrors, and it is turned off...
The Jodo tech gets a differnet error, since he is local. That error is:

====================================================================================================

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'requirePermission'.

Source Error:

Line 4: <sectionGroup name="dotnetnuke">
Line 5: <!-- the requirePermission attribute will cause a syntax warning - please ignore - it is required for Medium Trust support-->
Line 6: <section name="data" requirePermission="false" type="DotNetNuke.Framework.Providers.ProviderConfigurationHandler, DotNetNuke"/>
Line 7: <section name="logging" requirePermission="false" type="DotNetNuke.Framework.Providers.ProviderConfigurationHandler, DotNetNuke"/>
Line 8: <section name="scheduling" requirePermission="false" type="DotNetNuke.Framework.Providers.ProviderConfigurationHandler, DotNetNuke"/>

Source File: D:\hshome\intouch\intouchparenting.com\web.config Line: 6

===================================================

But line 6 (and surrounding) is the same as all the other DNN instances I have on Jodo servers.

Typically, this means there is an issue with ASP.NET 2.0 not being assigned correctly in IIS, but the technician told me, twice, he had done that.

Could there be a trust issue in machine.config?

It was the fault of the Jodo technician not doing what he said he did. I clearly asked for ASP.NET 2.0 permission is IIS (twice), and both times the technician said it had been done.

I remebered that HSphere 3 gives me the option, so I searched for it, found it, and changed the settings to 2.0 and it worked fine.

It would be nice if the techs answering the tickets could READ the ticket completely before saying it is done. Maybe a QA person to review work?

Arghhh....
Tim

timruns,

We are typically not changing the asp.net anymore, and it is very likely PERMISSIONS for it were set, since that is what you asked :)

OK, permissions, settings, whatever :)

On a related note, I know originally, Jodo had to change DB user permissions as well for DNN installations -- but my recolection is that ended a while back, and ASP.NET 2.0 in IIS was the only thing being done to get DNN running. This would imply that we no longer need any ticket for DNN installs, is that correct?

Tim

I will need to make a new DB and check, on our customized SQL 2005 scripts with Hsphere 2.43 we made it give DBO by default, on the newest release I think it only give DDL which is right below DBO

Back