DotNetNuke Module Problems

H

hmrm

I?m working in a new DotNetNuke Faq module....and all the times a trie to add the module i get this error message....
Can somebody help me?

Error:DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: File or assembly name Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls, or one of its dependencies, was not found. File name: "Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls" at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) at System.Web.UI.CompilationConfiguration.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, String virtualPath, String basePhysicalDir) === Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls (Partial) LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Dotnetnuke LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin Calling assembly : (Unknown). === LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind). LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/2eb0f71c/c962ca63/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/2eb0f71c/c962ca63/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Dotnetnuke/bin/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Dotnetnuke/bin/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.DLL. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/2eb0f71c/c962ca63/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/root/2eb0f71c/c962ca63/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Dotnetnuke/bin/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.EXE. LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Dotnetnuke/bin/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls/Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.EXE. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, String virtualPath, String basePhysicalDir) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String filename, String virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledType(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.UserControlParser.GetCompiledUserControlType(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\DotNetNuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 543 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- :(

Hey! I got the exact same error. I tried to build my own module, and that's what I got the first time it came up. I'm not sure why, but I look forward to seeing an answer.

I'm using DNN 2.1.2.

Well. After a bit of playing around, I found my solution. As it turns out, I had not added a reference to my new projects in the compiled DotNetNuke Project.

I added the references to my new module projects, recompiled, and everything worked just fine.

I'm not sure if that's the way you're SUPPOSED to do it, but I guess it works for me. I'll just keep reading the tutorials. :D

Good luck my friend.

How have you installed DNN and this module. Have you installed them in the domain's root directory or in a sub folder?

Steve, can you elaborate a little more on what you said? From all I can tell, I've got all the references placed properly (but obviously I must not have, since I'm getting this same error!!) Can you maybe put some screenshots up, of how you added the references?

Thank you!

I had the same problem
and setting the 'copy local' propertie of the dotnetnuke reference of the module to true solved the problem for me

I m having the same problem. I have created a new project for my module. I have added the DotNetNuke project within the new project module. I have also added the new reference to the module in the BuidSupport.

I am getting this error: Unhandled error loading module.

Plz. if can anybody help me to get out of the problem.

Thanx,

Back